Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 09:31 AM

Default The *****OFFICIAL***** Wiretapping Thread

Moderators,
Please limit discussion of Bush wiretapping to this thread only. Heaven knows, we can't have multiple threads on the same topic. I have counted 4 so far. My apologies to BluffThis for not seeing his link before starting my own thread.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:35 AM

Default Re: The *****OFFICIAL***** Wiretapping Thread

The only threads the moderators lock here are threads with the word "liberal" in the subject. You can have as many threads on other topics as you like.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only threads the moderators lock here are threads with the word "liberal" in the subject. You can have as many threads on other topics as you like.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should know that I am the one who usually locks threads. As I've said more than a few times before, I'm very conservative. My reasons for locking threads have never had anything to do with a post being slanted.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:19 AM

You should explain why you are locking a thread. I have seen many OPs with trollish content on both sides, but I have only seen those making fun of liberals ever get locked.

Old 12-21-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have only seen those making fun of liberals ever get locked.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the recent luckycabron threads?
Old 12-21-2005, 10:25 AM

Why lock anything with political content? If it is crap, we will all ignore it anyway. By locking it, you are making that judgement for us, and that is in part a political judgement on your part.

Per the OP of this thread, several spying threads could have been locked for trollish content (unnecessary repetition is trolling), but you didn't lock those.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:31 AM

It's a moderation decision. I moderate this forum on 2+2. If you have issues with moderation in general, that's perfectly fine.

I generally don't lock posts that aren't overtly trollish, repetitive, or offensive. If thread is OT, I try to find the right forum to move it to. Many seem to want more moderation, and just as many seem to always want less. I try to strike a good balance, but no style of moderation is ever going to make everyone happy.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:34 AM

Do you treat this forum different from the others you moderate? If there is any place to be lenient about what and how people say something, it is in a politics forum.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:37 AM

The reason I said in the other thread started by canis (Debunking Clinton/Carter) that it should be deleted was that he was replying to a post of mine in another thread and instead of replying there when there are 2 spy/wiretapping threads going on he started a new one for no reason. Plus the fact that some of his posts in the past few days seem awfully trollish.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you treat this forum different from the others you moderate? If there is any place to be lenient about what and how people say something, it is in a politics forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

In some ways, yes. I've always felt that MMMMMM's sticky and style helped improve a lot of the discussion in here, so I've stuck by those guidelines. But I generally lock the same types of threads in the other forums, as do many of the other mods.

Since this is something more than a few people seem to want, I will give my reasons for locking threads in the future.

-EDIT-

This thread is locked because the original post contains no content related to the subject title. It was only about a comment BluffTHIS made regarding another thread.

Also, we have a few threads about this subject on the main page right now, and this particular post doesn't add anything new to the discussion. Posting new threads about previous posts or discussions in other threads is generally fine if you use actual content in the OP of the new one.

I left this thread open to answer B&P's posts about moderaton, but it appears that's now over. Since that is pretty much the only actual content in this thread, it doesn't make sense to leave it unlocked to discuss moderation under the subject of "The *****OFFICIAL***** Wiretapping Thread." If anyone wants to discuss my moderation further, doing so in a new thread would make more sense.
Closed Thread