Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: really annoying commerical with a message

[ QUOTE ]
This commercial is just as retarded as the assertion that the United States will soon become a place where English isnt widely spoken.

[/ QUOTE ]

Que?
Old 12-06-2005, 04:15 PM

I guess this makes me an a-hole or whatever, but I easily get frustrated with people who's job consists of talking to people, but they have a hard time speaking english.

It's sooo annoying. I think people need to understand that you're in AMERICA. We speak English.

You can speak all the foreign language you want at your house or with your friends, but don't get pissed at me if I look at you like you're stupid because you can't pronounce things correctly at your customer service job.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:18 PM

Diablo, are you still using quick reply? If so, what ratio of the time would you estimate you get the Form No Longer Valid Response

All, I meant say instead of SAW in my original post, in case that was not clear.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:19 PM

Most of the time when this happens the person you are speaking to isn't actually in this fine country, but rather in a call center in India or somewhere. I'm not saying it's cool to have customer service reps who barely speak English, but the blame lies with the companies trying to save a buck rather than the poor dude trying to feed his family in Bangladesh.

Swede
Old 12-06-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All:

Have any of you seen the anti-marijuana commercial where the dude's fist is stuck in his mouth?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. It is lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be high to see how funny the dude is though!!!!111ONE
Old 12-06-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess this makes me an a-hole or whatever, but I easily get frustrated with people who's job consists of talking to people, but they have a hard time speaking english.

It's sooo annoying. I think people need to understand that you're in AMERICA. We speak English.

You can speak all the foreign language you want at your house or with your friends, but don't get pissed at me if I look at you like you're stupid because you can't pronounce things correctly at your customer service job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bitched out a former employer via translator for not being able to speak english. They had accused me ([censored] Chinese people!) of making 1-976 calls on the company phone, like 24 of them in 5 minutes. His two daughters were holding the bill up and explaining to me that they were taking the money out of everbody's checks who had worked that day, exept for the older lady who was on shift. I told them that if they did that I was going to bring a lawyer into the eqaution and that the next time your dad wants to accuse me of something he can learn english and do it himself. They let it drop. To be fair though, he could speak a bit of english. One day I was smoking a cigarette out back and he started up his van. the fan belt was screeching like crazy. He popped the hood open and I told him that he needed to tighten the belt (he understood that somehow). He replied:

"No, no. I have spray!" [Holding a can of belt spray]
Old 12-06-2005, 04:37 PM

Diablo,

I httc stn tht commyicail. Ntw hto do I gte my stif tou of my outh?

Csfused,
TomCollins
Old 12-06-2005, 04:39 PM

w,

The first day I started using QR, I got the Form No Longer Valid twice (both in same thread).

Since then, I exclusively use QR and have never seen that error. FWIW, I do not Preview Replies.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:46 PM

It's supposed to prove that the white person's frustration about his mixed-up sandwich order is totally misdirected at the unsuspecting hispanic waiter.

It should be directed at that f'n Korean chef in the back laughing his ass off. "Ching dong ching 'el wheato!' HA HA HA HA HA!"

ScottieK
Old 12-06-2005, 04:47 PM

El Diablo,

The white guy says "If you want to work in this country, you have to speak the language, you know what I mean", and another patron says "No sir, I don't". Maybe I misquoted it in my OP, but I don't see the complication...

Anyways, if I were at a restaurant and I asked for wheat bread but got white because my waiter/server couldn't speak english, I would be annoyed. I wouldn't say something stupid like the guy in the ad, but I don't see why his stance is that unreasonable. Of course the people making the ad told the actor "be a total [censored] douchebag", but I could have made an ad that was anti-immigration if I told the busboy actor to make a fool of himself. I keep seeing this ad and its annoying.

also, whenever I try to use QR I get a "form not valid" message. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]