Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 11-22-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Clearing Poker Skins (part two)

I successfully removed Party, Empire, Stars, and UB skins from my computer a few months ago and now they're back and won't go away (I checked out PartyPoker's software again and it won't go away). When I click on the tools dropdown in IE fawking PartyPoker.com is there. I go into the registry editor and find PartyPoker and it tells me that there is nothing in the registry. When I search files and folders there is nothing named PartyPoker, but when I search "Containing text" a 127MB file called MEMORY.DMP is found (I had memory dump issues that coincide with the creation date). Any ideas on how to clear PartyPoker off of my computer or information about MEMORY.DMP (that a retard can understand) would be appreciated.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Clearing Poker Skins (part two)

I think this is what you are looking for.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is what you are looking for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went through that and PartyPoker.com is still linked in the Tools dropdown. When you click it it says "Cannot find file...", which makes sense because that file was deleted when I uninstalled the program. I went into regedit after uninstalling the program and found and deleted some Party leftovers, searched the registry again and it didn't find anything, so I'm stumped. I searched the files in the C: and D: drives and came up with nothing named PartyPoker, but when I searched the same files under containing PartyPoker that MEMORY.DMP file was the only one that came up. I am hesitant to delete that file due to my extreme ignorance on the subject. I am guessing that the file was created when I had some memory dump issues in late October and it might be OK to delete it, but again, the ignorance thingy.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:30 PM

Try HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Inte rnet Explorer>Extensions.
This is the per user data.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:33 PM

I don't know anything about the memory dump issue. I thought that if that registry entry was deleted then the button should go away. I assume you restarted IE after making the registry change, right? Just making sure. Otherwise, I'm not sure what to tell you. Sorry.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Inte rnet Explorer>Extensions.
This is the per user data.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only thing in there is something called CmdMapping. I have no idea what that is.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know anything about the memory dump issue. I thought that if that registry entry was deleted then the button should go away. I assume you restarted IE after making the registry change, right? Just making sure. Otherwise, I'm not sure what to tell you. Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I restarted IE. I used the uninstall feature this time to get rid of the program, last time I deleted it all manually and was able to get rid of all traces of the program. Live and learn I guess.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:57 PM

Google for HijackThis. Download and scan your computer. You might be able to remove it this way. Do not delete anything you do not know for sure you don't want.