Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 02:39 AM

Default Re: 35s in BB

if betting flop is bad than what is check calling two bets cold w/ 4 outer?
Old 10-31-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if betting flop is bad then what is calling two bets cold w/ 4 outer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting the flop could very well fold out hands. I do not have a hand that is going to play well HU in this pot. If I donk the flop, most players not closing the action, would fold hands that I want to call. Also, if I bet, this pot is large, and opponents might want to raise to clear up some outs, also knocking out people that I want to stay in.

If I had AX and a flush draw in a pot this large bettting would be much more appropriate as it would knock out opponents giving me additionaly way to win the pot. With 35 my only chance to win is the straight.

the flush draw also has an equity edge so long as 2 people call. Since the flush will improve about a third of the time. The straight draw will only improve 10%.

Finally, calling two cold is correct because it looks like several people are going to put two bets total on the flop to see the turn. The pot is large and I have adequate odds to call.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:52 AM

Betting flop will fold noone that an expected bet from late position wont fold. Also I would expect that many will call even if it is raised and even if people get closed out you will gain as much if not more by being able to checkraise at least 2 people when you hit gutshot on the turn. You will be gaining those bets back and will have folded out or charged the marginal redraws to beat you. This is a plan that is used by many to accomplish many goals in one hand, You bet flop w/ gutshot trapping in dead money. If it gets raised you call and are now set to check raise turn which recovers what you lost by shutting out field on flop. Also betting flop manipulates the odds in your favor. Worst case scenario is that it is three bet back to you, but it is just like calling the original 2 bets cold, except w/ much better implied odds.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting flop will fold noone that an expected bet from late position wont fold. Also I would expect that many will call even if it is raised and even if people get closed out you will gain as much if not more by being able to checkraise at least 2 people when you hit gutshot on the turn. You will be gaining those bets back and will have folded out or charged the marginal redraws to beat you. This is a plan that is used by many to accomplish many goals in one hand, You bet flop w/ gutshot trapping in dead money. If it gets raised you call and are now set to check raise turn which recovers what you lost by shutting out field on flop. Also betting flop manipulates the odds in your favor. Worst case scenario is that it is three bet back to you, but it is just like calling the original 2 bets cold, except w/ much better implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are invariably wrong in your assesment. OESD, FD, I can see betting the flop although it is not my preferred line. Lonely 4-outer, leading the flop into a big field in a huge pot is stupid.