Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Three $100/200 hands vs same opponent

Online $100/200, max-6 table, full or fivehanded during these hands.

Villain in all hands is the same guy, regular well-known mid/high-limit American player. During this session and those I've played with him before he is a tough player who "always" seem to have it, but at the same time is very aggressive whenever he plays a pot, so I guess he must have some well-timed and very correct bluffing frequency in there too. He coldcalls a few hands from the sb and defends some big blinds, but other than that usually gets involved in pots w/ a raise. Rarely seems to get out-of-line preflop, except for a few weird cold-calling hands from the SB.

Hand 1 (this one is basically to get flamed for a lousy play on my part):

I openraise A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button. Villain coldcalls from the small blind, big blind folds.

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He checks, I bet, he checkraises, I call. He has pushed me of in at least one similar spot just prior to this, actually I think this is the third pot which is played very similar to this.

Turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He bets, I call, intending to call at least any non-spade river?!?

Hand 2:

I open-raise A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] from the cutoff, villain coldcalls from the small blind (yes, I was sat in another seat), the two of us to the flop.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. He check-calls.

Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He checks. What should my plan for the rest of the hand be, and is it close?

Hand 3:

He open-raises from the hi-jack, folded to me in the small blind with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I three-bet. Big blind folds, and he calls.

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I bet, he raises, I call.

Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check, he checks.

River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check, he checks.

Comments welcome.

Lars