Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: 2-7 TD Hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold the hand when you brick the first time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting 8-1 and closing the action, this would be a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. The 6 defines the fold, the hero will be first to act on the next round putting him in an uncomfortable position if he improves one card. Yes its possible to catch a hand, but the 6 makes it more likely that the Hero will catch a hand such as 87623 - which may hold up, but is still not a good holding.

The pot is just not big enough to take the risk IMHO.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be profitable to continue for one bet on the next round (and two aren't likely) if you caught only a 7. You're going to do that more than 1 time in 9. 876 is somewhat more difficult, but you always have the option of dumping the 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think you will do that more than one time in 9? Am I calculating my math incorrectly for a possible 4 outer to improve to a 7?

Old 08-02-2005, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold the hand when you brick the first time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting 8-1 and closing the action, this would be a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. The 6 defines the fold, the hero will be first to act on the next round putting him in an uncomfortable position if he improves one card. Yes its possible to catch a hand, but the 6 makes it more likely that the Hero will catch a hand such as 87623 - which may hold up, but is still not a good holding.

The pot is just not big enough to take the risk IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be profitable to continue for one bet on the next round (and two aren't likely) if you caught only a 7. You're going to do that more than 1 time in 9. 876 is somewhat more difficult, but you always have the option of dumping the 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think you will do that more than one time in 9? Am I calculating my math incorrectly for a possible 4 outer to improve to a 7?

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember you're drawing two.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

3. In the actual hand, the action after the hand was checked around. I stood pat, BB took 1, and the limper now TOOK TWO (thus, it must have been a misclick on the previous draw).

[/ QUOTE ]

I see this line fairly often from bad players, so I doubt it's a misclick. He caught something like a T9 and when you both drew, hoped to check it all the way down.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:16 AM

Total brickage here is a pretty easy fold for me with this hand, those two draws, and the size of the pot. Would be curious to see if anyone could pop up some numbers where this call could show positive expectation against some possible holdings,seems BB would have to be known to draw super rough, even then it just doesn't feel right to me, but I am still slow at the mathematical aspect of this game.

As played easy checkraise.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I brick out. I check. BB bets, limper calls and I call also.

I draw 2. BB draws 1. Limper stands pat.

[/ QUOTE ]

My first instinct was that this is an easy check-raise, but I changed my mind after considering the other players' hands. The pat hand "should have" raised on the previous round. Since he didn't, he either has a really good hand or a really bad hand. The BB is most likely going to check to the pat hand (because you're both assuming the pat hand has to bet).

Betting out is good for two reasons. First, the BB won't be forced to call two bets cold. Second, you'll at least get one bet in from each player. Normally check-raises are fairly automatic, but we have reason to believe that the pat hand isn't going to bet.

I admit that I read the results before I wrote this, but I still think it's a fairly straightforward read. Why did the pat hand not raise? Unless he has a monster, he's going to have the same reason to check it through.