Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2005, 12:57 AM

Default can anyone raise my spirits????

Foxwoods 1-2 no limit players out there???? i dont know how many bad beats someone can take in a matter of 3 sessions but tell me if anyone has expirenced stuff this unbelieveable. i will just list some of the hands and the hands im up against. 88 all in pre flop kq calls, flop 8 Q 3 turn K river K, 99 all in preflop aj calls flop J J 9 turn A river 7, 33 limp in flop 3 6 5 one person bets 10 im all in and he calls with A 6 turn 6 river A, 54 suit i call a 10 raise preflop with 6 other callers before me and flop is 5 5 7 15 bet with 4 callers so i raise almost all in and get one caller, turn is a 9 i move all in and get called by A 7 river is a 7. These are just some of the bad beat i have had in 3 sessions in row. has anyone else seen anything that bizzare happen that many times in so few sessions? how many 100 to 1 shots can people hit on me in 3 days??!?!?!?!??!??!!??!?!?!?!?!?! i cant play any better then i am but i keep getting sucked out on and lost my whole roll and alot more. CHEER ME UP?
Old 04-20-2005, 01:00 AM

Default Re: can anyone raise my spirits????

Why are you racing with small pairs against overcards in a cash game? These aren't really horrible beats when you're all in preflop as a 5% favorite. What happens after is a moot point.. you usually judge the hand when the money goes in. If you're playing your best you should really analyse your game because there is tons of room for improvement for everybody. Start reading the forums routinely and pick up some books.

Variance is a bitch. You'll get through it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2005, 01:05 AM

I'll raise you spirits.

If stuff like that bothers you, you are and forever will be a horrible poker player. Take up chess.

The Doc
Old 04-20-2005, 01:05 AM

i have many many books every sklansky one, i was never 5% favorite preflop ever i was always in with the best hand with the exception of the 54 but i figured no one else had a 5 or a 4 and pot odds do say to call that im getting 6 to 1 on my money and thats about where i am if no one has a 5 or a 4, flopping sets and haveing someone runner runner boats bigger then mine is a bad beat??????? i dont know what ur trying to say here
Old 04-20-2005, 01:09 AM

actually i am a very good player all im asking is if anyone has seen this many bad beats in a matter of 20 hours, 100 to 1 shots only should happen 1 in 100 times i want those calles everytime when i had a set but it just seems amazing how many times the chips went another way, just curious if people have seen that many bad beats in a short period of time, and by the way i am a pretty good chess player as well =)
Old 04-20-2005, 01:10 AM

I'm saying exactly what I said. Why are you going all in preflop and racing against overcards with smaller pairs in a cash game? This isn't a tournament, you know.. you can get your money in MUCH better spots than all in preflop as a tiny favorite. And yes, 99 Vs. AJo is a tiny favorite.

Hand 1: 44.5435 % [ 00.44 00.00 ] { AcJh }
Hand 2: 55.4565 % [ 00.55 00.00 ] { 9h9d }

HUGE suckout.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:13 AM

not that exact hand preflop im saying after i flop a set the best percentage was that hand after the flop because the guy only needed on ace but, 88 flop is 8 q 3 against kq he needs runner runner 99% to 1% thats what im talking about im not talking about pre flop here im talking about after the flop huge favorites worst one was with 99 against aj and still im a 77%
Old 04-20-2005, 01:14 AM

Lol. Forget it. You play goot. Sorry about the suckouts, damn amateurs. B&M poker is RIGGED.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:30 AM

Cross-posted from the zoo:

"According to its participants, 95% of [poker] players are long-term winners or "about even."

'Nuff said.

The Doc
Old 04-20-2005, 01:33 AM

was the 88 s00t3d??1