Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Most difficult decision I have had to make....

sitting at this 1/2 no limit table at the Borgata in AC for about 10 hours. BB is a generally good player who is majorly on tilt right now. MP is a bellow average player who is loose calling pre-flop, but hasnt gone all in in the 5 hours i have played with him.

Hero- ~400
MI- ~250
BB- ~350

Hero on CO with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. 2 calls behind, including MP. SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB bets 8, , 2 fold, MP raises to 20, Hero calls, BB raises to 50, MP all-in.... Hero....

note at this point, BB, who is on tilt and not hiding this real well, starts flippin out- and basically announces intentions to crying call. I would say I am about 80% sure he is going all in if i make the call/raise. Meanwhile, I strongly doubt that MP has made his straight already, as he looking very worried and does not seem like an act at all. Two more observations-MP has limped in the DARK, so his pre-flop cant be read- and BB had said "i should probably raise this" pre-flop but they he did not. note also that a queen had already been exposed. Whats your move here?

[EDIT]- i edited my post thanks to the comments of the first responding person. thanks.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Most difficult decision I have had to make....

Your hand history confuses me. If you are CO and it says CO moves all-in then how can Hero still be acting since CO is you.

Also, you didn't say how much CO had. Regardless, it is an easy fold and it isn't even close. You are out of position here and it is only profitable if two people are all in and you call since you'd be getting 2 to 1 all-in. Even if I did get 2 to 1 all-in on the flop, I'd probably still fold because I just don't like variance that comes along with that.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:55 AM

Sorry- about that, where it said CO before it should have said MP...
Old 05-20-2005, 02:00 AM

I think this is a fold. I don't think I would have called the first $20 raise. You only have 1 nut out, Td, and you are likely behind somebody with 2-pair aces over queens, Kings over queens, or JT.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:15 AM

I think I'd call this, so I'll post my reasons, to see if people can correct me...

You have the flush draw, and it seems unlikely that anyone else has the nut draw- ATh is the only possibility really...I don't think A8h or lower would play this way. So it's likely that all your heart outs apart from the Ah are clean. You also have the other three tens as outs to a split pot which is +EV a three way all-in.
You need to worry about two pair hitting a full house, but they only have four outs to hit, and they don't counterfeit any of your outs. A set doesn't seem likely.
Given your read that the BB will call too, I think this is a call.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:32 AM

This seems like an easy fold to me, why get so much money in this pot? It's not that big before the allin and the BB could be making a "crying call" with the nut flush draw bad kicker. There are better places to get your money in. I also would have folded before the $20 call
Old 05-20-2005, 07:18 AM

Do you feel like gambling? If so, call.

With bb making a crying call you almost certainly have the odds you need. The only hand you need to worry about is A-high flush draw, and it's unlikely to be out there. If opponents have straights, sets, whatever, you don't care, you have plenty of outs to beat them.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:42 AM

With flushes, I like to see turn and river cheap unless I have 15 outs to a straight and flush draw or something . You have no idea if BB is going to call or not. Just fold and move on. YOu aren't even drawing to the nut flush.