Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 08:30 AM

Default Do you lay down these trips?

No real reads on the players except PT has them both as loose aggressive / passive over 40 or so hands.

Seat: 1 JulleXXX
Seat: 2 no-nms-lft
Seat: 3 Svantepante (Dealer)
Seat: 4 zmillz
Seat: 5 Bends [ KC, 9C ]
Seat: 6 mxcpz

------------------
OpeningBetRound
------------------
zmillz : Posts small blind 0.50
Bends : Posts big blind 1.00
mxcpz : Calls for 1.00
JulleXXX : Calls for 1.00
no-nms-lft : Calls for 1.00
Svantepante : Folds
zmillz : Calls for 0.50
Bends : Checks
------------------
Flop ($5) [ 9D, 9S, 6H,]
------------------
zmillz : Checks
Bends : Bets 4.00
mxcpz : Folds
JulleXXX : Folds
no-nms-lft : Raises for 16.00
zmillz : Raises for 28.00
Bends : ???????

So I lead the flop and get raised and then check reraised. I'm in two minds here. On the one hand such aggresion is rare at these limits and probably suggests a monster hand. On the other hand only A9 and 66 are beating me at this stage, overcards are possible if someone was trying to get smart limping. However their PT stats plus the fact the were both in late positions (Pre Flop) would seem to suggest that was unlikely.

I have $120 both players have me covered.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:47 AM

Default Re: Do you lay down these trips?

i would fold, your out of position and probably you could be drawing with 4 outs. or Even facing A9s and 66 at the same time.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:44 AM

96 also beats you...

I think there is two schools of thought here. I think there are only two specific hands that could be not raised PF namely JJ and TT which are overcards. I think you may get someone testing the waters with a 88 here. I would think that someone with a 66 would smoothcall here because they would want to bring people along.

Against one opponent I would still play here. Maybe I'm weak-tight but I have a tough time when two people are showing strength on a trip board especially when one CR in EP.

The problem with calling here is that there is a good chance that the next player will reraise AI and then you won't really know what to do.

I'd like to see some other opinions.

-Gryph
Old 04-19-2005, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
96 also beats you...

True

I think there is two schools of thought here. I think there are only two specific hands that could be not raised PF namely JJ and TT which are overcards. I think you may get someone testing the waters with a 88 here. I would think that someone with a 66 would smoothcall here because they would want to bring people along.

I agree completely

Against one opponent I would still play here. Maybe I'm weak-tight but I have a tough time when two people are showing strength on a trip board especially when one CR in EP.

Again I agree, two people showing strenght and one with a CR is worrying to say the least

The problem with calling here is that there is a good chance that the next player will reraise AI and then you won't really know what to do.

This was on my mind but given the action and pot size I felt the money was going in on the turn anyway making my call a virtual all in

I'd like to see some other opinions.

Me too

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-19-2005, 09:59 AM

Honestly, without any reads, i call them down and take my chances. If it means they are gonna go all in on the turn or river, so be it- I think you are ahead here enough to make calling down EV+, although i admit its an ugly situation.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:05 AM

Given their generally passive postflop play, does it not worry you when they both go nuts?
Old 04-19-2005, 10:35 AM

Yes, i am worried. It looks like you have one of them outkicked- which means that the other guys i holding something other than a 9. Most players would not play a flop boat this fast, so what exactly are you worried about (i say there is a decent chance he has the boat, but its not a hig enough % to fold here). I think someone here is overplaying TT and the other person is holding something like J9. Like i said I am not happy about this situation, but i am calling them down with the third nuts (well 4th, but i am not that worried about 96) and thinking I am making money in the long term...
Old 04-19-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Results

Well, I folded, CO called. Turn was a 5, SB went all in and CO folded

SB showed K6, CO kindly showed pocket 6s.

So while my laydown was right in this case I'm not convinced that RR all in wasn't better good play in order to get CO to fold and catch SB with a weaker kicker.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Results

the guy with the boat folded? he really is a donkey.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
CO folded

CO kindly showed pocket 6s.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF??? He folded the FH? What was he afraid of 96/95/99 ?

-Gryph