Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 10:50 AM

Default An Example for You Chickenhawks

http://denver.bizjournals.com/denver...2/daily54.html

In light of the current recruiting crisis, one war supporter is putting his money where his mouth is.

[ QUOTE ]
State Treasurer Mike Coffman announced Thursday he will return to the U.S. Marine Corps and go to Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will any of you follow suit?
Old 05-13-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: An Example for You Chickenhawks

Old 05-13-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://denver.bizjournals.com/denver...2/daily54.html

In light of the current recruiting crisis, one war supporter is putting his money where his mouth is.

[ QUOTE ]
State Treasurer Mike Coffman announced Thursday he will return to the U.S. Marine Corps and go to Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Will your mom?
Old 05-13-2005, 01:59 PM

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stori...2602b7752.html

[ QUOTE ]
The Army will set aside a full day on May 20 as the day to have every recruiter across America review Army recruiting policies and standards. It's an effort to stop overly aggressive recruiting tactics.

Nationwide, the Army wants to make sure men and women who become soldiers do so without being threatened.

The announcement comes just one day after the 11 News Defenders exposed a Houston Army recruiter threatening to arrest a local young man if he didn't report that day to the army recruiting station.

Sgt. Thomas kelt left this message on that young man's cell phone: "Hey Chris, this is Sgt. Kelt with the Army man. I think we got disconnected. Okay, I know you were on your cell probably and just had a bad connection or something like that. I know you didn't hang up on me. Anyway, by federal law you got an appointment with me at 2 o'clock this afternoon at Greenspoint Mall, okay? That's the Greenspoint Mall Army Recruiting Station at 2 o'clock. You fail to appear and we'll have a warrant. Okay? So give me a call back."

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/03/na...nd&emc=rss

[ QUOTE ]
Interviews with more than two dozen recruiters in 10 states hint at the extent of their concern, if not the exact scope of the transgressions. Several spoke of concealing mental-health histories and police records. They described falsified documents, wallet-size cheat sheets slipped to applicants before the military's aptitude test and commanding officers who look the other way. And they voiced doubts about the quality of some troops destined for the front lines.

The recruiters insisted on anonymity to avoid being disciplined, but their accounts were consistent, and the specifics were verified in several cases by documents and interviews with military officials and applicants' families.

Yesterday, the issue drew national attention as CBS News reported that a high-school student outside Denver recorded two recruiters as they advised him how to cheat. The student, David McSwane, said one recruiter had told him how to create a diploma from a nonexistent school, while the other had helped him buy a product to cleanse traces of marijuana and psychedelic mushrooms from his body. The Army said the recruiters had been suspended while it investigated.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-13-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, most people here already finished college or already are in college and have enough money.

That's the main reason why people join the forces these days right?

Don't know too many who joined because they want to defend the homeland from the evil Iraqis.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:44 PM

Default You ChickenDoves Should Not Throw Rocks when you.....

.....live in glass houses. 70%+ of the US Military voted for Bush43 (source US Today Poll). Therefore the military is OVER-represented by republicans.

Perhaps it is time for the Chicken Dove Democrats to step up and serve their country by joining the military so that our military is 50/50 with respect to Republicans/Democrats.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: You ChickenDoves Should Not Throw Rocks when you.....

I, for one, signed up with the idea that I was doing so to defend America. Fighting in Iraq is not defending America. Why should I put my life on the line to defend your cause? Defend it your damned self.

Maybe when the risk of being used irresponsibly in wars like Vietnam and Iraq diminishes, you'll see less recruits who are hungry for action, and more recruits who want to defend their country.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:18 PM

Thank you for making my point....

When you're in the military you're not allowed to set policy. You are NOT allowed to decide what causes you will fight for and which you will not fight for. I thought the USA intervention on Somalia and Kosovo were completely STUPID and unnecessary. A significant number of US servicemen thought so as well but the did their duty....as they swore to do.

Policy is set by elected representatives who in turn are elected by the people of the United States. This is how a representative republic works. If the USA was invaded by all the Arab countries in the world, Chicken Doves like you would raise the white flag and convert to Islam. You would probably be a colaborator helping the Islmaic-Fascist. Yes, you're a true patriot...

Defend it your damned self.
I have already served in the US military and I am no longer eligible to serve again... I doubt you have ever served in the military.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Patriotism

Old 05-13-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for making my point....

When you're in the military you're not allowed to set policy. You are NOT allowed to decide what causes you will fight for and which you will not fight for.

[/ QUOTE ]That's a point you were trying to make? Are you retarded?

I'm talking about civilians and how policy determines how likely different types of people are to enlist.

Apparently something about the current policy is causing the Army to fail their recruitment goals by up to 80%.

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt you have ever served in the military.

[/ QUOTE ]You doubt this why? Please answer this question.

Search my past posts- I've talked about my past military service and my future career plans on different occasions before.