Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-19-2005, 06:49 AM

Default Explain to me how this fish thinks

5/10 6 handed

His precise numbers are unimportant and I am too lazy to look them up. He was a bad loose fish.

I open raise J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button.
Fish in BB calls with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
bet call

5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
bet raise call

K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
donk bet

wtf does he think I am going to fold here that I just raised the turn with?
Old 11-19-2005, 06:56 AM

Default Re: Explain to me how this fish thinks

JT
Old 11-19-2005, 07:01 AM

I have a better one.

SB completes. I check 96o.

Flop: A Q T with 2 hearts.

He bets. I raise. He calls

Turn: 5
He checks and calls.

River: 4
Check check.

He has 34o. Clearly, I had 23o and he had me beat.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5/10 6 handed

His precise numbers are unimportant and I am too lazy to look them up. He was a bad loose fish.

I open raise J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button.
Fish in BB calls with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
bet call

5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
bet raise call

K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
donk bet

wtf does he think I am going to fold here that I just raised the turn with?

[/ QUOTE ]

AT-JT, QQ, 88,99,77,66, A5. IMO his turn play far exceeds his river play on the monkey scale.

raise the flop, by the way.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AT-JT, QQ, 88,99,77,66, A5. IMO his turn play far exceeds his river play on the monkey scale.

raise the flop, by the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think it better to raise the flop than the turn? Isn't this half the fun of having position?

Which part of his turn play don't you like? The bet or the call? Both? He may have me pegged as a peeler who will fold for the big bet. Once raised I'm not so sure it's correct for him to fold with a possible 10 outs.

Looking at this in the morning I'm now not so sure I hate his river donk either. If he plans to call a bet anyhow (dubious) betting out is better. There is some chance I fold a small pair. Of course he would be crazy not to fold to a river raise at that point. Unless of course he thinks I'm crazy.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:07 PM

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.17 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.17 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10.17 BB.

Hero has Ah Kc (a full house, Aces full of kings.)
BB has 2d Qh (two pairs, aces and queens.)
Hero wins 9.83 BB.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you think it better to raise the flop than the turn? Isn't this half the fun of having position

[/ QUOTE ]

Top pair T I like getting as much in as I can and then having them fold.

[ QUOTE ]
Once raised I'm not so sure it's correct for him to fold with a possible 10 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

with the flop raise and a bet on the turn it might convince him that he should fold before the river. It is easier to get them to fold if they havent already put a bet in on the turn. If you hit a top pair of Q or higher I would agree with your line.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:28 PM

Try as u may u cannot top my hand that happened awhile ago. Lost the HH (actually hand is unimportant here). But I raise, fish calls BB. He CR me on the flop and I 3bet, he calls down...even CALLS MY RIVER BET.

His hand? 23o. UI. Now that is what I call no respect.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try as u may u cannot top my hand that happened awhile ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the BB playing for free with rags folded to SB who completes. We both check it to the river. He shows KK. Next orbit same thing, he shows AA. An orbit or 2 later, I don't remember position, but he is now check raising with wath turns out to be J6o. Of course he catches and takes down the pot.