Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2005, 03:43 PM

Default question for foxwoods players

for those of you who played 4/8 and have moved up in limits, how much different is the 10/20 game than the 4/8 game? i have increased the roll but have not got the nerve to put some of it on the line to test my skills at higher limits. i play at foxwoods about twice week. i wish there was a middle ground game there such as 6/12. the 5/10 w/ the full kill could be a possibly move up in limits, but i am looking for everyones thoughts. thank you for your time.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: question for foxwoods players

[ QUOTE ]
for those of you who played 4/8 and have moved up in limits, how much different is the 10/20 game than the 4/8 game? i have increased the roll but have not got the nerve to put some of it on the line to test my skills at higher limits. i play at foxwoods about twice week. i wish there was a middle ground game there such as 6/12. the 5/10 w/ the full kill could be a possibly move up in limits, but i am looking for everyones thoughts. thank you for your time.

[/ QUOTE ]

5/10 Kill is a really fun game, basically just as loose as the 4/8. I recommend getting on the table with the short drunk guy with glasses who has had so many plastic cups of wine his entire mouth is stained purple, and who constantly raises by dropping a handful of chips in front of him and letting the dealer count out the appropriate amount. I sat with this guys twice in 2 nights for a total of maybe 3 hours a few weeks back, and must have taken $250 just from him.

Anyway, I digress. I've only played 10/20 there 4 or 5 times...it didn't seem much tougher, but I don't think I've logged enough time at them to really know for sure. One thing I did notice is everyone generally seems a lot more serious/grumpy at those tables.

That being said, the only way to find out for sure is to just take the plunge!
Old 02-08-2005, 02:18 AM

slow play ray,
thank you for your input. i will be down there for sure on either friday or saturday. i will be giving the 5/10 game a shot. i have never played in any "kill" games. i played in a 4/8 with a half kill at the golden nugget in vegas... that was one of the greatest games i have ever played.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:30 AM

I've only played on the 5/10 a few times, but it seemed almost as loose as the 4/8. The past two times I went down, however, I played 4/8 because I was on both lists and got called first to the 4/8...and the games were so good I needed to stay. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2005, 02:46 AM

the 10 20 has slightly better players

And by slightly better I mean really really really bad as opposed to really really really really bad.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
slow play ray,
thank you for your input. i will be down there for sure on either friday or saturday. i will be giving the 5/10 game a shot. i have never played in any "kill" games. i played in a 4/8 with a half kill at the golden nugget in vegas... that was one of the greatest games i have ever played.

[/ QUOTE ]

you bet. i was going to go down thursday for the morning tournament, but it doesn't look as though the weather is going to cooperate, so maybe i'll be down there with you on friday...