Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 05:14 PM

Default My First Post!!

Just posting to test this out as well as to show this hand!!

Here I raised the Flop to protect my Q's also with a gutshot I figure this is a strong hand so a rasie has good +EV

Turn I get 3 of a kind but he may have betteer kicker (although he didn't raise PF so I'm not quite sure what he has). I 3-bet and he caps I call

River I hit a full house [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] yet he is still raising me?

I have no reads as I just sat down.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero ???
Old 12-10-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: My First Post!!

fold preflop

raise the river with the given action
Old 12-10-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]
10/20 Q9o preflop
Old 12-10-2005, 05:48 PM

Welcome to the forums. I'd probably fold preflop too. Raising would be the next option. Limping is last. Definitely cap the river!
Old 12-10-2005, 06:07 PM

fold or raise preflop, call the flop, cap the river
Old 12-10-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]
10/20 Q9o preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful with this shant. I am not limping there every time, only against terrible opponents.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that he raised the flop. It's possible he has the best hand, and if he doesn't, probably has lots of outs. Plus he knocked the other two guys out and possibly bought himself a free card. Am I wrong here?
Old 12-10-2005, 06:37 PM

hi TitanFan,

excellent first post. Lots of tricky decisions in this one.

preflop: your limp is kind of odd. Raise to isolate the limper or fold here generally. Limping isn't bad though, it might even be profitable. A very close play. Personally, I'd fold by default.

flop: Another tough decision. What do you think UTG is betting? KQ / KJ / KT / QJ are all reasonable limping hands he might bet, and your raise is just charging yourself to draw against these. You won't fold any 3rd party king by raising, and you probably won't fold a better queen either since it's either AQ or Q + gutshot. I prefer just calling the flop.

turn: another interesting spot. If we think UTG has hands like KJ / KT / QJ / QT / KQ type hand, then his check-raise is actually pretty scary. That would be some move with KJ / KT, rigth? QJ / QT / KQ all have us crushed or tied. I think I might just call here if I was playing my best game. Other times I'd 3-bet without thinking.

river: a very nice card, drawing out on QJ / 99. KQ / QT still beat us. When you raise his bet after he caps the turn though, you're showing enormous strength. His 3-bet to me really suggests that he has KQ and you are dead. Here's my thinking:

players loose passive enough to play Q9 UTG probably aren't giving this much action. limping 99 is also somewhat passive and I discount the odds of him both capping the turn and still 3-betting you when you continue to raise the 4-straight river. It's obvious that you can beat a straight. KQ is the only hand that really makes much sense here.

You may chop with QT, or find that he overplayed QJ / 99 / JT though, so certainly folding is out.

nice post.
Eric
Old 12-10-2005, 07:42 PM

Just call the flop; the pot is too small to throw bets away on a likely second best hand, but you have much potential to improve. There's no way he bet the flop with KKK or KQ but didn't three bet it; cap up that river.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:17 PM

I think 99/Q9 or KQ all likely play this way. There are 6 combos you beat and 3 you lose to. If 99/Q9 are only half as likely as KQ than capping the river is still OK. Throw in the possibility of an overplayed QJ, stupidly (but stupidly in a common sort of way) played AA or other surprising hands and I think you should cap. Close though. I think the flop as others have said is worth a call but not so sure about the raise. Again, not bad really. You'll get a free card fairly often I think and maybe knock out a raggedy T as well. The turn I think you could just call the c/r actually. Again though...close. Nice first post.