Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Fun hand against an ultra maniac, play it for me

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Slight nitpick, you can't bet 3-bet this guy, it just ends up as a cap. If you want three bets you have to check raise and call his reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I did mean 4 bets

[ QUOTE ]
I assume you would just call preflop, or would you fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
Fold PF for 1 BB HU to a super maniac? Why would I do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that you would even cold call this guy with T5o? I thought the correct approach was to attack these guys with showdown cards which T5o is not one of.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:11 PM

PS. Nice to see these maniacs exists at 5/10. I'm battling 2 or 3 of these loonies at a time at 1/2. Now there's a challenge. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Slight nitpick, you can't bet 3-bet this guy, it just ends up as a cap. If you want three bets you have to check raise and call his reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I did mean 4 bets

[ QUOTE ]
I assume you would just call preflop, or would you fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
Fold PF for 1 BB HU to a super maniac? Why would I do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that you would even cold call this guy with T5o? I thought the correct approach was to attack these guys with showdown cards which T5o is not one of.

[/ QUOTE ]

I insta called. The problem with T5o with normal players is that even if you flop a rare very strong hand you are usually not going to be paid off. Here I know that at the worst I will get a couple of bets out of him.

Also with a normal steal raise your opponent is likely to be considerably stronger than your rags. Against a truly random hand I don't give up that much equity preflop.

The truth is though, that you are probably right, and I should have folded. I just don't have enough practice to play this type of player correctly and avoiding him may have been the right play.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:45 PM

(Haven't read responses)

Preflop: Call. No need to put more bets in before you've seen the flop with this weak hand.

Flop: 4 bets. He has 4 A's, 3 3's, and 3 2's that you beat and only 2 T's that beat you. Given your read, you're a 5:1 favorite right now.

Turn: Now you're a 7:4 favorite to be ahead right now, but he could still have 4-15 outs to beat you, so that figure should be adjusted down somewhat. You're still a favorite though, so cap it. (Just ran the numbers and Pokerstove says you have 66% equity against 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].) Also, if he has a bigger, but smallish T, an overcard is a chop.

River: Doh! Now, accoding to your read, you're only ahead of his naked A. You're a 2:3 dog unless he has a 44-99. Check/call and cross your fingers.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I would 3-bet if I thought it would knock out the blinds behind me. I call with any 2 in the BB when it's just me and him. If you're going to play against this guy, make sure to do it HU. With OP's read (assuming it's reliable), your implied odds are phenominal when you hit a hand. You simply can't give up that edge by worrying about showdown value here.