Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 03:15 PM

Default big laydown or is this standard? 2/4 NL

villain is tricky. played with him plenty of times and he is the only player at the table i respect.

effective stacks:
Hero- $760
Villain- $920

dealt black KK UTG, i raise it to $20. Villain in MP+1 reraises to $60. everyone folds to me, i call. do you like just calling here?
flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] pot~$126

Hero checks, Villain bets $90, Hero raises $200, Villain reraises $375????

why not just push me all in? that leaves me with $125 if i just called. when i check raised it seemed the play would be fold, call, push right? this reraise here felt like he wanted me in the pot so he could get me committed for the turn. if i call here, no way can i fold for 125 on 4th.

needless to say i had to use the timer.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: big laydown or is this standard? 2/4 NL

Ugly flop. I play alot of 400nl and I find any reraise is AA-QQ, with some players reraising AK, which is not the case here. I might lead the flop and fold to a raise. In your case, its an easy fold.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:04 PM

I keep pushing pre-flop. I raise to $240 pre-flop and get it all in there if he comes back over the top. AA or QQ are definite possibilities. A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is kind of scary, but you're only a slight dog to that hand.

I can't make the numbers that you threw out work. Did you raise to $200 or did you put in $290 for a raise of $200? At best I have you with $105 left. Anyway, getting it all in pre-flop negates his trickyness. Outplay that, biatch. I call.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:07 PM

Don't like your PF call. Reraise!

On the flop here, you have an easy fold.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I keep pushing pre-flop. I raise to $240 pre-flop and get it all in there if he comes back over the top. AA or QQ are definite possibilities. A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is kind of scary, but you're only a slight dog to that hand.

I can't make the numbers that you threw out work. Did you raise to $200 or did you put in $290 for a raise of $200? At best I have you with $105 left. Anyway, getting it all in pre-flop negates his trickyness. Outplay that, biatch. I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh to preflop plan. You seriously think you'll be getting 180 BB in with the best of it against a good player on 2/4?
Old 09-28-2005, 04:15 PM

You say he's tricky, so reraise pf to define his hand and get money when you're ahead. I'd probably reraise to about $150-200. As you played it, I'd have to fold to his reraise on the flop.

JKratzer
Old 09-28-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't like your PF call. Reraise!

On the flop here, you have an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
i reraise, then where do i go when he comes back over?

he is a tricky LAG that can play at you with many hands. if he plays back at me do i call? then i am right back where i was originally but with more money in the pot. now what?
Old 09-28-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh to preflop plan. You seriously think you'll be getting 180 BB in with the best of it against a good player on 2/4?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only hand he has here is AA? Gimme a break. I'd be thrilled to get it all in pre-flop here.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only hand he has here is AA? Gimme a break. I'd be thrilled to get it all in pre-flop here.

[/ QUOTE ]
true.

he had just been staying away from me and pounding on everyone else. had a really bad feeling.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:26 PM

At this point, sure KK is ahead against most of his range. If he fourbets it becomes a lot iffier, and I definitely think you're behind often.