Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How should this effect who/how much is tipped?
Tip a normal decent amount and split this between dealers/poker manger 10 19.61%
Tip more than normal to take care of the poker manger 41 80.39%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Best Cell phone service provider

Verizon in KC never have any problems. I did have Sprint, but they suck.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:49 PM

Verizon is the best... but their customer service both sucks and blows.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:10 PM

there are pros and cons to each service provider. i work for cingular on the west coast, so i'll try to keep the opinion as unbiased as possible.

with sprint, you WILL get the best deal on your plans. you'll get the most extra little junk included, so on and so forth. a friend of mine and i were comparing his sprint plan which he pays like 120 a month for with the equivalent cingular and verizon plans, and with cingular, he would have been paying about 250, and with verizon, over 300. however, sprint is a market to market cell phone provider. if you will be staying in major cities, or along major interstate routes, then go with them, because you wont be able to get a better deal anywhere else. if you plan on being in any rural areas, along the coastlines at all, anything like that, then you won't get service. period.

Verizon does have the largest voice coverage in the United States, but part of that is because they are still able to use parts of their old analog network when you go into remote service areas. you probably will have the fewest complaints about service area with verizon, but the selection of phones isn't the best, it is the most expensive, and customer service really does suck. they are on a CDMA network, which is used exclusively in America and some parts of asia, so if you plan on doing any traveling out of the country, your cell phone would be useless.

Cingular/ATT is in a bit of a turmoil right now, as it's difficult to merge two companies with 25+ million people and make them one seamless unit. on the positive side of things, the coverage area is getting better and better, with the merge, and the fact that new towers are constantly getting built. the phone selection is the largest, because they are on a GSM network, which most of europe and asia uses, so you can also use the phone/phone plan overseas. and there is the rollover feature, which is exclusive to us. however, you won't get as good of a deal on a plan as you would at sprint, and the voice coverage/reception area is currently worse than verizons, although much better than any other cell phone company.

and to the guy who said he heard that tmobile was supposed to be the best, thats just not true. tmobile is abysmal.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:16 PM

Dude, thanks a bunch! This is just the type of reply i was looking for. It looks like i've eliminated Sprint from the equation.

Maybe i'll have a round 2 or finals of this poll with just cingular and verizon? Or maybe i'm just getting carried away
Old 07-06-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm just getting carried away

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2005, 03:08 PM

My cingular sucks. Lose about 1 call in 4 before the call can even start and most of these calls are to another cingular member.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:24 PM

I've used Cingular all over the south and haven't had many problems.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:44 PM

cingular originated down there and the coverage is quite widespread through out most of the south. in the upper midwest, its a little shaky, the west coast has improved by leaps and bounds. cant remember what coverage is like in the north east off the top of my head.

as for cingular dropping coverage... there are 4 or 5 different generations of sim chips floating around in cingular phones currently, ranging from the old 32k pac bell c hip to the newest 64k cingular chip. that would be the first thing to go into a store and check if you're getting terrible coverage, because that solves 9/10 reception problems.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cingular originated down there and the coverage is quite widespread through out most of the south. in the upper midwest, its a little shaky, the west coast has improved by leaps and bounds. cant remember what coverage is like in the north east off the top of my head.

as for cingular dropping coverage... there are 4 or 5 different generations of sim chips floating around in cingular phones currently, ranging from the old 32k pac bell c hip to the newest 64k cingular chip. that would be the first thing to go into a store and check if you're getting terrible coverage, because that solves 9/10 reception problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I got the crappy cheap phone from Cingular, but my crappy cheap phone from AT&T Wireless worked perfectly.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:10 PM

(disclaimer: I work for a cell phone company)

Your coverage is going to vary greatly from market to market, and carrier to carrier. Sprint may be kick ass in Houston, but be horeshit in Philly.

Now, if you were in Minnesota, you wouldn't be asking this question, because T-Mobile is far an away the best network in the state.