Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2005, 09:39 AM

Default Re: Video TStone coached me on

[ QUOTE ]
QTo : Is raising that donkbet with overcards standard for you? I usually just call the flop and fold turn UI. Mixing it up by raising like you did, when it's likely to give me a free SD vs. passive opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]
I notice a lot of people sometimes take shots with garbage, and I might even fold to my flop raise. Other times I get the free card. Calling occasionally is fine to mix it up, but I think I normally raise.

[ QUOTE ]
A3o : button limps and you fold A3o in the SB, I don't fold there. Sometimes call, sometimes raise depending on the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]
Leak found, and plugged. I didn't really know how to play it, but now I think I might. I complete, rather then raise. I guess with a super tight BB I might raise.

[ QUOTE ]
J6s : you bet an AKK flop and get called, I wouldn't fire again on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
leak found, and plugged.

[ QUOTE ]
A7o : UTG limps and you fold A7o OTB, I raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
leak found, and plugged.

[ QUOTE ]
A5o : on the CO 5handed, I usually raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this might be a bit too loose, unless you have tight people on the button and in the blinds. I was informed by a bunch of people that around A7 or K9 should be the lowest you should be stealing with. Maybe I am wrong though.

[ QUOTE ]
ATs : Y_Do_U_Ask raises UTG, Button coldcalls, you 3bet from BB, I just call.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like raising because there is a decent chance I have the best hand, and I want initiative. Calling would be ok too, but I think raising might have more value.

[ QUOTE ]
J3o : flop FH, I call flop and raise turn because this player will likely bet into you on the turn again.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought about doing that, and it indeed might be best. My thoughts were that there was a twoflush out there, and that my flop raise could mean a flush draw or even just nothing since it was HU. I was hoping for him to 3-bet, so I could pop him on the turn. Or, I was hoping he would check raise me on the turn. I didn't want the action to go bet-call, bet-raise, because I thought I might kill action. This still may be the best route though.

Thanks for your input,
Spicymoose