Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Just another sorry thirty-something!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am now 250 at 5'10, which is a gain of 25 pounds over the last 10 years or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a sidenote....I ran 3 triathlons 2 years ago at 230 or so. I hit the gym quite a bit, and play basketball weekly. I am not a really flabby guy, but I have a pretty good spare tire to elimate. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

At your size, 25lbs isnt going to be noticable enough that she stops sleeping with you because she thinks you are fat, or is scared you are going to die. There is something else going on here imo. I think its unreasonable to hold out because you gained 25 lbs. IMO, this is bullshit, if you did the same thing to her, and said, hey listen, fatty, Im not having sex with you until you drop 15lbs, the shitstorm she would rain down upon you would be crazy....
Old 11-04-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try to get around to 200 by the end of next year. If you are under 240 by the end of this year, that would be a great accomplishment. It is Nov.4th after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOPS! Wasn't quite thinking straight. How bout next years triathlon season, which starts in April/May.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:26 PM

I dunno, I gained about 20 pounds and my sex life decreased noticeably. I'm pretty sure it would pick back up if I lost the weight.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She was very persistent in letting me know there has been no infidelity.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, that's some rock-solid proof there!
Old 11-04-2005, 01:31 PM

[/ QUOTE ]At your size, 25lbs isnt going to be noticable enough that she stops sleeping with you because she thinks you are fat, or is scared you are going to die. There is something else going on here imo. I think its unreasonable to hold out because you gained 25 lbs. IMO, this is bullshit, if you did the same thing to her, and said, hey listen, fatty, Im not having sex with you until you drop 15lbs, the shitstorm she would rain down upon you would be crazy....

[/ QUOTE ]

While I do agree with your point, there are other factors involved than just the weight. I agree she would probably go nuts if approached in the same way, but she is the love of my life, and after 13 years of marriage I am willing to give her a bit of room. As I said before, if things don't change drastically by years end I will make sure a therapist is contacted.

Thanks for your comments.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am now 250 at 5'10, which is a gain of 25 pounds over the last 10 years or so. Not out of the question, and I carry it pretty well....but I am too heavy, and plan on getting back down around 200 by the end of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

LSU,
Dropping 50 lbs in 8 weeks is not healthy! I'm sure you could probably do it, but that kind of weight loss has a much better chance of returning later. A good and reasonable goal is 2-3 lbs a week.

I was 225 3 yrs ago (6'0"). Wife & I did Weight Watchers. I dropped 40 lbs in just under 5 months. Still 185 today [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
I'm not pushnig any system, but that one worked for me.

Good luck
Old 11-04-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]At your size, 25lbs isnt going to be noticable enough that she stops sleeping with you because she thinks you are fat, or is scared you are going to die. There is something else going on here imo. I think its unreasonable to hold out because you gained 25 lbs. IMO, this is bullshit, if you did the same thing to her, and said, hey listen, fatty, Im not having sex with you until you drop 15lbs, the shitstorm she would rain down upon you would be crazy....

[/ QUOTE ]

While I do agree with your point, there are other factors involved than just the weight. I agree she would probably go nuts if approached in the same way, but she is the love of my life, and after 13 years of marriage I am willing to give her a bit of room. As I said before, if things don't change drastically by years end I will make sure a therapist is contacted.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a more patient man than I. I do not think that I could respond as well as you did. Good luck though, and I hope everything turns out alright.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a more patient man than I. I do not think that I could respond as well as you did. Good luck though, and I hope everything turns out alright.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously. It took him 3 years to get to this point!
Old 11-04-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dropping 50 lbs in 8 weeks is not healthy! I'm sure you could probably do it, but that kind of weight loss has a much better chance of returning later. A good and reasonable goal is 2-3 lbs a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't thinking about how close year end was when I made that comment. I do belive that I can drop roughly 20 by then, and the remaining 30 at about a 2-3/wk pace as you stated.

I am currently up to running about 2 miles/day, 3 days/wk. I plan to start adding some swimming and biking to my workouts to assist with the triathlon training. I also hit the weights 3 times per week on an upper/lower split.

I really eat way too much, and that is where the major change is going to have to occur. The workouts are very fun for me, which makes that part easy.

I really want to be around to see my kids grow up, and if it will help my sex life with my wife, then I have all the reason I need.

I am a very patient man. I know many people would have run for the hills, but I have 3 kids that I love tremendously and a wife that I really do adore. I know these days divorce is an easy word to say, but i don't like to have it in my vocabulary. If I am wrong, I will say I was wrong and I will move on......but I do tend to belive my wife at this point. Hopefully I won't be wrong!
Old 11-04-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She was very persistent in letting me know there has been no infidelity.

[/ QUOTE ]

And O.J. is out looking for his ex-wife's killers.

I'm not saying your wife is cheating on you but if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, I'd check it out real close to make sure it ain't a duck.

Protect yourself and hire a PI, if she's telling the truth think how much better you will feel. Otherwise, won't you always be wondering, what if she is cheating?