Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Please read if you are waiting for the Interpoker promo (SS2 and hat)

I emailed Ryan at Interpoker today regarding the Super Sytem 2 and Interpoker hat promotion they ran back in September. I thought the response I received may be of interest to other posters (there was a thread a few weeks ago and it seems no one has received their stuff yet).

I wrote:
"Hi Ryan, I am the holder of account number xxxxxxxxx.

I participated in the Interpoker promotion to receive a copy of Super System 2, as well as an InterPoker cap back in September. I also filled out the claim form, as per an email request in early October.

That email stated that, due to high volume, the gifts would be delayed until mid November, which I understand. It is now the end of November and I have not seen anything come in the mail, nor have I received a further email update. From reading the poker forums, it appears that everyone is in the same situation.

I would appreciate an update on the status of this promotion. I am appending my address below, although I'm sure you have it on file.

Thank you,
(PygmyHero)"

I received the following response within the hour:
"Hi

I am sorry to say that there has been a further delay; one that unfortunately is out of my hands.

Due to an unfortunate mix of a large number of delayed claims and a slight mix up at the printing press, the shipping has been delayed. However, our distributor will start sending out the prizes during this week, so look for them to arrive during December.

If you feel that it would be appropriate to let this message go onto said message boards, please let me know and I will make sure to post an explanation where you would see necessary.

Bottom line is that the gifts are indeed on their way, and that I as a manager am embarrassed by the time you, our very valued customers, have had to wait. Please appreciate that this was in no way intended when we initiated the campaign, and that the experience gained from this, however unfortunate circumstances, will help greatly in connection with future promotions.

Again, I sincerely apologize for the delay.

Kind regards,
Ryan Hartley
Manager - InterPoker"

I followed up with a short email thanking Ryan for his quick response and offered to post our correspondence here, which he accepted.

I also told Ryan that I can be patient with any delays, as long as I remain informed, and I felt that many here would share that sentiment. If you feel otherwise, I would suggest you post in this thread (or email Ryan directly of course). I assume he will be monitoring this thread as he asked me to send him the link after I post, which I will do.

So the bottom line is that our stuff should be on the way soon, which is great. I thought it was a great promo, and it seems like they just had a higher volume than they expected. I hope that doesn't stop them from running similar promos in the future.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Why I don\'t play at Interpoker

Hey, can I borrow $10? I'll pay ya back real quick.

Oh, about that $10, I'll get it to ya the 1st of the month.

Hey, long time no see. Ya, that money? The 15th. I promise.

Oh, the 15th? Well, things are kinda tight. I'll pay ya back by the end of the month for sure.

Yeah, I know I said the end of the month for sure. Some unexpected stuff came up. Well, I'll pay ya back SOMETIME next month. Hahahahaha! Sucker.

~~~~~~

Okay, I know we aren't talking about paying back money. The book and the hat were a gift. Well, sort of a gift. We had to do something to get them. And I relied on the PROMISE and did what I had to do. So I did my end, so far all I hear is excuses on interpoker side.

~~~~~~~

But here is why I don't play interpoker --

Time to cash out. Hmmm... only charge back to my credit card what I put in, what about my winnings? Call support. Oh I need a PIN number to cash out that you never mailed me? Wait a couple of weeks for PIN number. Okay, send it to my NETELLER account. What? Can only send to NETELLER if that is how I deposited? Can't chargeback my credit card? Forget about EFT to my bank account? Okay, wait a couple of weeks for check to arrive. Wait 10 more days for bank to clear check from overseas (hell, even Pacific Poker checks are drawn on an American Bank branch).

So ... Guess interpoker will be waiting a long, long, long, long, long time for my next deposit.
[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 06:41 AM

Default Re: Why I don\'t play at Interpoker

Ive enjoyed my experiance there. Use Neteller and banking issues are non-existent.

As far as the gifts, Im willing to wait, for I really have no other choice as to wait. Interpoker isnt the first site to underestimate the action they recieve for a given promotion. They havent said they arent sending them, so Ill patiently wait for them to send the goods.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:28 AM

I got pretty much the same e mail from Ryan when I sent him one a couple days ago. I don't mind waiting, but kind of leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. I'd hate for them to do something like this with bonus money, or cashouts. I don't think I'll play there until I get the stuff they promised.

Ben
Old 11-30-2005, 11:11 AM

will you dorks please post pictures of you and your new interpoker hat when you get it? seriously, you guys sound like you're waited for a kidney transplant
Old 11-30-2005, 01:46 PM

LOL... I could care less about the hat, but I've been wanting to read SSII for a while now and there's no point in buying it when I'm supposed to be getting it for free soon.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:42 PM

Default *UPDATE*

I receive this email from RyanH today (12/1):

"I am happy to confirm that I have just received word from the distributor that the shipping has begun. You – and all eligible American customers– should have the prizes within a week or so (up to two weeks for the rest of the world)."
Old 12-03-2005, 01:51 AM

It's in the bookstore, they usually let you read it without buying it and they wont cut your hand off or anything. (at least that's how Ive read most of the poker books out there)

I'll have to admit though, I "won" the SS2 book and the silly hat also.