Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-02-2005, 03:34 AM

Default Re: semi-weird 200/400 bellagio hand

I meant sb when I wrote bb in my original post. My opinion is that BK is 70% (number from my azz) to be ahead of the girl. I just don't see the sb calling with many hands that BK can beat. Maybe QsQx. In this case a check is OK.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:52 AM

sb can easily have all sorts of hands. girl can have all sorts of hands. betting is the aggressive tough play.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:55 AM

"Maybe QsQx."

that flops all draw heavy and naughty, and the pot is big. expect any decent sb to be calling two cold on that flop with all sorts of hands. there's no way anyone is folding QQ there 200-400.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:18 AM

I think u have to bet. Thats a sucky turn card for them. A far as getting CRed Dcfir mentioned calling down if you know that SB knows, that the girl is aggro...if u dont know that how do u handle the CR? Id still be tempted to call down, dunno, maybe someone can find a fold in there. Dont think I can fold with the way the action has developed.

Also, I dont know what the river was, but assuming its a blank are u betting or checking if they both call (Id imagine u are betting if only aggro girl calls)
Old 12-02-2005, 10:31 AM

Some interesting analysis from very good posters, but I think it's a little more straightforward than some are making it out to be:

1. Solid SB raises several limpers preflop. Range: Big pair, AK-AJs, some suited connectors or big suited one-gappers.

2. Solid SB calls a flop 3 bet. Range: We can eliminate the suiteds unless they're spades. So now we've got AK, KQs-KJs, or two spades.

3. We still have girl to worry about.

So, when the third spade hits the board it seems exceedingly unlikely that you're ahead of SB, with a good chance that you're drawing dead. Seems like a pretty clear check to me, and possibly a river fold for even just one more bet if it comes from the SB.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:21 AM

Haven't read replies yet.

I'd bet and call a check/raise from the SB who might have something like AJ with A of spades. If it goes you bet, call by SB, check/raise by girl, I'd fold there.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:22 AM

I avoid playing dominated big offsuits in multiway pots preflop.

On the turn, the SB is likely ahead and seeing a showdown. I'd check and fold to any bet if I don't improve some on the river.

I have not played this high, but I don't see how that changes things from a party 30-60 game in this case. I'd like to know.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:37 AM

check. Giving a free card could be dangerous but with SB calling 2 and the girl raising on the flop I think I want to hit my offsuit T on the river [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2005, 12:51 PM

I had a very similar hand the other night, I checked and hated myself for it when the red ace hit on the river. I think I have to bet this and then re-evaluate on the river. (I'm calling a checkraise)
Old 12-02-2005, 01:06 PM

bet