Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Sour Grapes? I get tired of draw downs!

Thank you Joe
Old 06-23-2005, 07:22 PM

The thing is, a lot of us here have played literally thousands of STTs and we see tons of bad beats, far worse than the ones you listed, every day. Bad beat posts are useless. We've all experienced them; you just have to accept them and move on. If you want help with how to play a hand in certain situations, by all means feel free to post (as long as it's not a bad beat thread in disguise). If you want to complain about how you always get drawn out on, expect to get flamed.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:39 PM

You thanked the one person that offered you terrible advice. There's something wrong here. I'm going to try and help you.

1) Post meaningful hands where you're not sure what to do. If you're not sure what to do with QQ in this position, stop playing and read a book until you're finally sure. I'm not kidding either. Uninstall whatever site you play on. Go and buy a poker book, any book, except for Hellmuth's book. (I haven't read it, I've just heard.) When it finally dawns on you that QQ will lose to K7 occasionally, reinstall the poker software and win.

2) Don't post bad beats. I apologize for my compatriots here, but you have no idea how often we read this sort of stuff. It clogs our forums, and takes away from the important posts like the ones Skipperbob or freemoney posts. The bad beats actually have their own forum. Down where it says Other Other Topics. Post them there.

We welcome you to the forum. Suck it up. We won't always be nice, but we offer the best free advice on the internet. You can love us, or you can hate us, but if you want to get better, I suggest you just drop it and move on.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:42 PM

The problem is, there's t600 in the pot. You've got t1300 behind. There's no way you're not losing all of your chips with this hand. You can't laydown QQ with so much money in the pot, and you can't push.

So, you push, get called, and move on. It sucks when your AT is called by AK, but it happens. Play poker, play better poker, play more poker.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:44 PM

Don't listen to them. Its because internet poker is rigged. Most of these guys have paid for 'VIP' status at Party meaning the site admins leave their suckout switches set permanently to 'on'.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:07 PM

OK everyone...Thanks for all the input, which was unanimous. I was feeling beat up by so many beats, and I didn't expect the negative replies I had, but fair enough. I see where you were all coming from. Sorry if it appeared I was whining.
I am playing alot and I recognize this game is a lifelong study. So, onward.
I would like some input on the following please.
Darko big stack UTG has been pushing hard all game. I felt he was coming back over the top on so many check raises that some must be bluffed, and now down to four, he hasn't tightened up.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (4 handed) converter

UTG (t4320)
Button (t930)
SB (t1945)
Hero (t805)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t600</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t805 (All-In)</font>, UTG calls t205.

Flop: (t1685) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t1685) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t1685) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1685

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has 9d 9s (three of a kind, nines).
Hero has Ah Ks (high card, ace).
Outcome: UTG wins t1685. </font>

Should I have pushed?
Old 06-28-2005, 05:31 PM

Yeah, looks like a push to me. And sometimes when you're starting out, all you need is some assurance you're on the right page, and I think you are. Realize that you did the right thing (in the long run). And realize we all despise 4th place... you're not alone. Welcome to the forum [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2005, 05:37 PM

You got it all in preflop with the best hand.

What more can you ask from an awful player?
Old 06-28-2005, 05:39 PM

I don't know why people who don't like bad beat posts read them and take the time to respond to them.
Anyhow, yeah it sucks. On your first hand it looked like you didn't raise pre flop. Why not?
Heads up, i find, just about any two cards are as good as any other two. Most of the hands are coin flips in HU and hands that are marginal at best at a full table go up in value when HU.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You got it all in preflop with the best hand.

What more can you ask from an awful player?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, I think AK is still an underdog to 99, so he didn't get it all in with the best hand, per se.

But, that said, I think this AK hand is a clear push, and hero made the right play despite the results.