Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 05-29-2005, 01:27 AM

Default AA on a 3 flush / 3 connected flop

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) converter

Vilain as been playing good TAG so far, but I have raised him every time he limpped in the last hour. I just happenned to have good hands but he must be getting tired of it and I must have a LAG image to him.

MP3 ($10.30)
CO ($28.55)
Button ($30.35)
SB ($8.25)
BB ($19.90)
UTG ($55.70)
UTG+1 ($52.10)
MP1 ($12.40)
Hero ($124.05)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls $2.

Flop: ($5.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $49.6</font>

Now what? This is a HUGE overbet. I can only see him having a set, or a total bluff. Big PP whit a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] are unlikely since he did'nt raise preflop. Also, would'nt it be better for him to try and milk me whit a flopped flush?

vs a set: Nut flush draw and gutshot wheels draw plus one of the remaining A saves me. That's a lot of outs but the price is really step to pay. But I do have the feeling he could be on a move because of my image.

Do I call here?

-Happy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2005, 01:34 AM

Default Re: AA on a 3 flush / 3 connected flop

If he has the flush you only have 7 outs, not 9 - keep that in mind.

His move is clearly stupid if he doesn't have the flush (though it's bad if he does have it, unless it's a small one). I think this is a clear fold, but I'd need to double check the math. However, you're capable of doing this yourself as well =).
Old 05-29-2005, 03:55 PM

Default RESULTS

I called, mostly becaus of the image he has of me. I would have folded most of the time here.

He had 77 no [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I toke it down

-Happy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: AA on a 3 flush / 3 connected flop

As long as you're properly bankrolled, you call this. If you're behind a set, you have outs to catch up. If you're behind a flush, you have outs to catch up.

Look at what your opponent is telling you. The bet screams "don't call me, LAG, I've got something this time". This makes sense with a set fearing flush draw. The bet also makes sense with a flush draw, an overpair, or a frustration bluff.

Given your opponents range of hands, you'll be ahead far more often than you'll be behind.