Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 10:20 AM

Default Flopped 2pr to broadway flop - what should I do

Starting chips 1500, blinds 15/30

4th hand of SNG have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the bb - 4 limpers, SB makes it 120 to play I immediately thought AK, I call (very bad if he has AK), as do all 4 limpers (no surprise there then)

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets 210, I raise to 510, 1st limper calls (has played every hand winning 2 without showing by overbetting the pot), all fold to BB who also calls

turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks - so what should I do?

I will post what I did later

Thanks

Damian
Old 07-29-2005, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Flopped 2pr to broadway flop - what should I do

I'd fold preflop. Your post doesn't make sense - SB makes it 120 to go, you call in the BB, then BB checks to you on the turn? And BB calls after you raise the flop?
Old 07-29-2005, 10:28 AM

I knew someone would say that
I very nearly did - 4th hand of the tourney is not the point to start getting frisky (I am identifying lots of leaks today!)

However as I didn't, any thoughts on what I should do on the flop and turn?

Thanks Tigerite

Damian
Old 07-29-2005, 10:32 AM

If you can clarify the action. It doesn't make sense right now.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:07 AM

Hi Tigerite - this is my original post (slightly amended with pot values <font color="red"> </font> )

Damian

4th hand of $10 SNG have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the bb - 4 limpers, SB makes it 120 to play I immediately thought AK, I call (very bad if he has AK), as do all 4 limpers (no surprise there then at this level) so 720 in the pot

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets 210 - at this point I thought AK probe bet, therefore I raise to 510 hoping to isolate, 1st limper calls (has played every hand, winning 2 without showing by overbetting the pot - e.g. 400 into a pot of 120 on a raggedy flop), all fold to BB who also calls.

BB checks - so what should I do? there are 3 spades on the flop - I put the SB on AK when he originally raised so he cant have the flush yet and the early limper in seat 4 has played every hand and made 2 overbets to win pots and 2 folds when bet at.

what should be my play? I have 830 chips left, the pot is 2240
Old 07-29-2005, 11:13 AM

Still makes no sense, what position were you in then?
Old 07-29-2005, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Tigerite - this is my original post (slightly amended with pot values <font color="red"> </font> )

Damian

4th hand of $10 SNG have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the bb - 4 limpers (etc)

SB bets 210 - at this point I thought AK probe bet, therefore I raise to 510 hoping to isolate ... (etc) all fold to BB who also calls.

BB checks

[/ QUOTE ]

See why it doesn't make sense? You say you are in the BB, then in the action, BB is checking and calling your raises!!
Old 07-29-2005, 11:17 AM

sry my bad - I am in the BB, he is in the SB

so SB raises to 120, I call for another 90 in the BB, as do the limpers

SB bets the flop 210, I raise to 510 etc

Sorry for the confusion

Damian
Old 07-29-2005, 11:24 AM

Go ahead and bet out again on the turn when checked to. This is a very scary board, and I don't think he has KT. The most likely holding for him is going to be pair and broadway gutshot (KQ, AK, AT, JT, take your pick) or pair and a big spade. If you're lucky he has AJ or QJ. Anyway, I'm pretty sure you're ahead, but you don't want to give free cards to his likely holdings. Plus, betting now will frequently make him check to you on the river even if he hits figuring that you'll bet again, so this will sometimes save you money when a river scare card hits. (Actually, eyeballing the stack sizes, you may not have enough money to bet the turn without pushing. If so, go ahead and push.)

If you really think he has AK PF - that is, you think he's pretty tight - you really shouldn't call the raise with AQ. But you knew that.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:26 AM

Fold preflop. Really. AQo against a PF raise and stuck between the raiser and a bunch of limpers that could wake up later is bad, bad, bad.

So, on to the turn. The pot is big enough now that I think you're in push/fold territory. I think I'd push.