Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Calling raises with dominated hands

This is one of the first things you learn NOT to do, because of the "horror" scenario where you are outkicked and drawing to 3 outs if they are good. I think this overrated in general because the probability that you share a card and that card hits is small. If if it does hit, it's not really a "horror" scenario because you only have one pair each and none of you are interested in a really big pot.

Against LAGs in 6max i almost find this concept to be misguiding.. If someone is raising 15%-20% of their hands (This means they could be raising any PP, SCs Axs, KQ-KT) I feel pretty good about my KQ, especially if I have position..

Calling with KQ and AJ against LAGs in 6 max when you have position, good or bad?

edit: I know many like to call raises with SCs and small pairs because of implied odds. Against LAGs I find it almost to be reversed.. your small pairs and SCs are not likely to get paid of because he might very well have SCs or low PPs himself. Against this player I like broadway cards better, looking to play small to medium sized pots.