Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: My car got keyed how should I respond, if at all?

[ QUOTE ]
Taking up two spots. Bigtime [censored] move. Keying the car? Completely unacceptable. However, it is highly likely that it wasn't the ranter who keyed your car. Few people who draw attention to themselves like that will actually follow through.

If I knew it were that guy, I would want to do something, not sure what. However, as things stand, you just need to let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it really that [censored] when there is is 10x as many spaces as needed? I generelly agree with your statement, when parking is hard to come by. But the town I park in there is always a spot on the street. I picked the closest spot to the train but there was enough room for 20 more cars around that street. So i really dont see what the fuss is about. I think people have an image of NYC or Hoboken where there is no spots in sight, so when I say I took two spots they get angry. But this is the opposite of that. It is essentially an empty street where Stevie Wonder could park because its so open. I really dont see why anyone would get mad if you took two spots. I suspect the guy's real issue was that I parked in front of his house, not how I parked. His wife generally parks her big SUV there and takes both spots. However since I was late she had already left for work leaving the spot open for me.....
Old 11-10-2005, 05:16 PM

Is there ever a time when a car should be keyed in retaliation? A few years back I parked my car in an underground parking garage and when I came back there was a minivan parked so close to the driver's side that I literally could not open the door. I couldn't even squeeze through. I had to climb in the side door and slide across to the driver seat.

What should my action be? Don't you think a little keyage is acceptable here?
Old 11-10-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there ever a time when a car should be keyed in retaliation? A few years back I parked my car in an underground parking garage and when I came back there was a minivan parked so close to the driver's side that I literally could not open the door. I couldn't even squeeze through. I had to climb in the side door and slide across to the driver door.

What should my action be? Don't you think a little keyage is acceptable here?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:20 PM

nice one buddy!

you don't deserve it but jesus, you've been late to work for worse reasons that not alloting enough time to park your car.

park your car correctly.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:29 PM

You did nothing wrong. You parked in a legal spot. Taking up 2 spots is annoying, but you are in suburbs where there is ample parking.

Keying somebody's car is unacceptable, but so is taking revenge when you aren't even sure who did it-.

It would be great if there were a survielence camera around there and your could get the tape. My building has one and they always check the tape when something happens to somebody's car.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:55 PM

WTF, you guys are [censored] morons. someone wrongs you, so you mess their [censored] up in response? give me a break. go back to 3rd grade. and I live in DC so I know about bad parking situations.

There is no way this is an acceptable retaliation.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF, you guys are [censored] morons. someone wrongs you, so you mess their [censored] up in response? give me a break. go back to 3rd grade. and I live in DC so I know about bad parking situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All I know, is the last time someone didn't hold the door open for me I broke 3 of his fingers. I'll be damned if any of you assholes think you can mess with my convenience.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:35 PM

give me a break...the guy accidentally parked in 2 spots, it's not like he was purposely trying to do it. in no way does this make him deserve to get keyed...it's pretty expensive and a pain in the ass...i say key the guy back, yeah it's not the nicest thing to do, but it's the only way u'll feel better. i have a thing about people disrespecting things that i paid for, there's no way i'd let this slide without him hurting as much as i am.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the guy accidentally parked in 2 spots, it's not like he was purposely trying to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, no. Its pretty much impossible to "accidentally" park in two spots as long as its marked even remotely clearly. The OP explicitly states he knew he was taking up two spaces, so I have no idea why you'd make this argument.

The OP was late, but rather than accept the consequences of his actions, he shifted the burden to someone else. He doesn't deserve to get keyed, but he shouldn't be surprised, either. Saying that there were so many spaces that Stevie Wonder could have parked there makes it worse, and his thought that he'd only make his train if he saved what was literally 5 seconds only further highlights his lack of good judgement.

Besides, this is the guy that shattered a glass at a bar, threatening to cut some dude up because he looked at a girl funny, and brags about being on the "fast track" with some financial firm. I hardly think he deserves any benefit of the doubt.