Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Who the best and worst tippers?? (For Dealers, but anyone is welco

Probably not any more than you hurt yourself by consciously ignoring the end of my post, where I addressed that issue quite clearly. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2005, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably not any more than you hurt yourself by consciously ignoring the end of my post, where I addressed that issue quite clearly. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I fell asleep because I was bored to death re-reading the same ****ing BS I read the first time. It would have been better if you had A) searched BEFORE you shot your mouth off and B) kept it to yourself, we've already been through it before, thanks.

Oh, and burying your argument in six tons of garbage that you know nobody wants to read so you can later "spring your trap" with the big AHA! is poor form, nobody is impressed.

PLONK.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, and burying your argument in six tons of garbage that you know nobody wants to read so you can later "spring your trap" with the big AHA! is poor form, nobody is impressed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spring my trap? Big "AHA"??

Dude, what the hell are you talking about?

The entire point of the post was that there was so much garbage there.

What I'm saying is "look, there's six tons of garbage in this thread!" , and you're responding with "that's nice, but showing the six tons of garbage is poor form."

And not for nothing, but I personally thought that someone who responded to "why do people tip dealers?" with "I hope you almost die in a fire" is pretty friggin' hilarious.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
should all be banned from the cardrooms till they learn how to tip

[/ QUOTE ]

This easily the stupidest thing I've read today. Getting tipped is not a fuckign birthright. You do not automatically deserve to get part of my pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-31-2005, 04:59 AM

Sheeesh. I found the sarcasm rather humorous.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2005, 05:08 AM

Default Re: Who the best and worst tippers?? (For Dealers, but anyone is welcome

Just a word of advice, and one thing I have learned over the last few months....don't let the non-tipping stiffs bother you. Tight wads are out there and they will ALWAYS be out there. Be thankful that they are there to keep a game going and be nice to them just like everyone else. If the cheap-o's weren't there and the game broke, you would be getting even less tokes.

I have actually had regular players tip me and then say "here's one more for that guy down there who's been stiffing you". [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2005, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I don't want to hear it, and I wasn't telling YOU to STFU then, but I am now. STFU. We've heard it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since we're re-posting others posts.....
Old 05-31-2005, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I have actually had regular players tip me and then say "here's one more for that guy down there who's been stiffing you".

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that actually seems to me like a very strong argument for tipping that I hadn't seen mentioned before; if you don't tip, and people notice it (like when a guy calls attention to it in the manner that you described), it sends a red alert to the fish, who think "wow, this guy's trying to squeeze out every last penny here - he's definitely not here to just have fun", and quite possibly tighten them up/make them inadvertantly play better, which would definitely be -EV.

Sort of like rooting through a dumpster for chicken or something.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now that actually seems to me like a very strong argument for tipping that I hadn't seen mentioned before; if you don't tip, and people notice it (like when a guy calls attention to it in the manner that you described), it sends a red alert to the fish, who think "wow, this guy's trying to squeeze out every last penny here - he's definitely not here to just have fun", and quite possibly tighten them up/make them inadvertantly play better, which would definitely be -EV.

Sort of like rooting through a dumpster for chicken or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't an argument for tipping. It was me sharing my own experiences while dealing to a newer dealer, the OP, not you.

You haven't even ever played B&M, right?
Old 05-31-2005, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It wasn't an argument for tipping. It was me sharing my own experiences while dealing to a newer dealer, the OP, not you.

You haven't even ever played B&M, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow....at least you didn't tell me you hope that I almost die in a fire, I guess.