Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2004, 05:34 PM

Default Hand against ZeeJustin in PStars $500...

Blinds 10/20. I have KK in the SB. Zeejustin raises from the button to 60. I re-raise to 150. BB folds. ZeeJustin calls.

Flop is 789. I think there were two of a suit, but I don't remember. I bet 300. He calls. Turn is an offsuit J. I check. He bets 600. I fold.

How did I do? ZeeJustin, if you want to say what you had, cool. If not, also cool.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Hand against ZeeJustin in PStars $500...

I'm confused. I don't understand the logic behind your turn fold. I'm open to hear why, I'm very curious.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:44 PM

I would raise more pre-flop perhaps to 250 and then overbet the pot on the flop. I don't like playing big pairs out of position with money left to bet, so I charge a big price to do so.

As far as your fold on the turn, not much you can do here. Unless you think he would bluff too much you have to fold.

Paul
Old 08-29-2004, 05:46 PM

Why do you have to fold? I'm still confused, please help
Old 08-29-2004, 05:49 PM

Probably just directed to Justin, but, what were the stacks like at this point? Button could be a steal with any hand. Why is this a fold on the turn? Why not a big bet on the flop? Based on the small info you gave, I say you gave this hand away.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2004, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably just directed to Justin, but, what were the stacks like at this point? Button could be a steal with any hand. Why is this a fold on the turn? Why not a big bet on the flop? Based on the small info you gave, I say you gave this hand away.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is betting 300 into a pot of 320 "small"? Given that he called my raise, I put him on a medium pocket pair. Once the turn gave any T a straight, almost every hand I could put him on beat me.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you have to fold? I'm still confused, please help

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you put him on that I beat?
Old 08-29-2004, 06:21 PM

I think the button raise could mean any number of things, personally I think zee has AJ and put you on a steal prelfop that you continued on the flop. After he calls your flop bet its easy to put in this kind of bet on the turn when a scare card comes. I think your check on the turn showed weakness, I think that if you bet here and he raises you you can fold your hand but otherwise I bet the turn and check call the river. I'm just not willing to give him credit for a T on the turn or even a flopped set. I think he'll raise this flop most of the time with a set here. Please correct me if my thinking is way off here.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the button raise could mean any number of things, personally I think zee has AJ and put you on a steal prelfop that you continued on the flop. After he calls your flop bet its easy to put in this kind of bet on the turn when a scare card comes. I think your check on the turn showed weakness, I think that if you bet here and he raises you you can fold your hand but otherwise I bet the turn and check call the river. I'm just not willing to give him credit for a T on the turn or even a flopped set. I think he'll raise this flop most of the time with a set here. Please correct me if my thinking is way off here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I think I should have bet the turn as well. Once I check it and he bets though, I don't see how I can continue the hand.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the button raise could mean any number of things, personally I think zee has AJ and put you on a steal prelfop that you continued on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say the chances of this early in the Party $500 are very, very, very slim. First, given the fact the two players know each other, I'm pretty sure cferejohn isn't making a steal attempt PF against Zee so early in the tournament.

Second, the chances of Zee just smooth calling the re-raise PF with AJ are pretty slim. What flop could you feel comfortable hitting with that hand besides a straight or trips?

The way the hand played out, with a call on the flop and pot sized bet on the turn, I'd imagine Zee would have had something like AA, QQ or JJ.