Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: lot of action for QQ super level 3

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd check here. If button bets and UTG+2 folds, then I'll stay to the end. If button bets and UTG+2 calls, I'm folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was my first thought, because i agree that if the button bets and utg+2 calls/raises, i should fold. but i don't think that line will happen very often, so it won't save me my stack that often. i really don't want to give free cards to misc. hands like 68, A7, 67. i also don't want to lose 99/JJ if an A comes (or get blown off my hand).

i only have 2/3 pot left, so i thought that not losing the whole pot to a free card was more important than trying to preserve what little i had left if i was behind.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Re: lot of action for QQ super level 3

this is a tough one. One one hand, you dont want the chance of two people seeing a free card, and you are likely pot commited. On the other, you are very likely behind with a button coldcaller and UTG+2 who has called a lot of bets, his flop call especially scares me. I think in the heat of the moment id just shove it in there and pray, but lookin at the TOTALLY dry board, I think id get in vs button and c/f if UTG shows any more strength.