Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-23-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Cold-Cards

I'm sorry that you feel that way. Some people on this forum are harsh, but you can still read into their comments and find some meaning in them.

What most of the posters here are saying is that your game appears to be severely flawed on many different levels. I've looked through some of your posts from SSSH. Most of the things you need to work on are the basic fundamentals that can only be learned through study and practice. We can't, and actually won't, impart all of that knowoledge on you here, especially when so many authors have created great works that do that already. I highly recommend reading HOH1&2, TOP, and TPFAP and trying to apply the principles that the authors teach. If you have questions regarding those principles or how they might be applied, pick a hand where you think that principle comes into play and post it.

I agree that some people could say these things in a nicer manner, but this is the internet and that type of behavior is common on internet forums. It sucks, but that's the way it is - not just here on 2+2 but on almost every forum out there. Some people get impatient due to this information being in the FAQ. To be honest, having to type this type of stuff for every person that posts a thread like this would get rather old.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
highly recommend reading HOH1&2, TOP , and TPFAP and trying to apply the principles that the authors teach.

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly agree with reading theory of poker. The op has shown a basic lack of understanding of poker theory. Sounds harsh, but its true. I know that TOP made a world of difference when i was still in the early stages.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:12 PM

Dude, I totally know what you mean. I have been writing down all my hands lately, and I'm getting AA once out of every 179 hands, and it's even worse for KK. I get it once ever 198 hands. I feel like I never get anything good.

When I hear about other people going through what I do, I feel a little better, but it does make me begin to believe in some of the luckbox talk.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:14 PM

I'm picturing you with a notebook filled with pages and pages of notations. Do you keep track of suits too? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2005, 05:16 PM

I don't keep track of suits. I have 1 column for each hand (AA, AK, AKs) and I make little tickmarks. When I reach 50 for a given hand, I make a new box for it. The notebook is filled up through 80 pages or so. That represents 42,000 hands.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, I totally know what you mean. I have been writing down all my hands lately, and I'm getting AA once out of every 179 hands, and it's even worse for KK. I get it once ever 198 hands. I feel like I never get anything good.

When I hear about other people going through what I do, I feel a little better, but it does make me begin to believe in some of the luckbox talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, getting either one of these hands is exactly 220:1 against. I'd say you're doing fine in this department.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:28 PM

Hah, and to think, I was trying to make a joke [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I admire your dedication... or neurosis, either way!
Old 12-23-2005, 05:33 PM

JPS is making a joke. I think/hope.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:47 PM

I certainly hope so...
Old 12-23-2005, 09:10 PM

how could you read so many books on poker and not have the slightest clue?