Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Early Rounds--Tight or Aggressive?
Follow the advice of the experts and play tight when the blinds are small. 4 26.67%
Play loose and aggressive to take down easy pots and put other players on their heels. 5 33.33%
Take what they give you--if they are playing passively, be more aggressive than normal. 6 40.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2005, 09:10 PM

Default flop check min-raise

The last few times I have gotten stacked, I have noticed that I got check-minraised on the flop in each case (by bad players). In two cases I had overpair to the board, and one I had TPTK. It feels so weak laying down here, but in all three cases I was beat on the flop. Just calling leads to a big pot and tricky turn situation. And I don't see worse hands calling a re-raise, etc.

So, if you have an overpair or TPTK and get min-raised by a bad (45 VPIP+) opponent, do you:
Old 12-12-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: flop check min-raise

[ QUOTE ]
if you have an overpair or TPTK and get min-raised by a bad (45 VPIP+) opponent

[/ QUOTE ]

Not all 45 VPIP players are BAD. This usually denotes a Loose Passive player. In similar situations to yours I am guilty of getting stacked time and time again, partly due to multitabling and relying on PAHUD numbers to denote which players are good/bad. I am reevaluating which PAHUD numbers to use as I rely too heavily on VPIP and PFR. The thread going on right now in SSNL has some good ideas regarding this topic. Ultimately I strongly believe this situation comes down to stack sizes and reads. If villain is only sitting on a 30-50bb stack, I putting villain all-in in a heartbeat, barring reads. This is definitely a leak of mine that I am seriously mulling over.