Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-08-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Home Game SNG

$20 Rebuy+Add On, This hand happened after the rebuy.

Blinds $500/1000, 6 handed, 3 get payed, heavly weighted to 1st and 2nd

Stacks Hero 70k Villan 135k, average stack is 50k

Villan is LAG, views me as TAG likes to try and push me off hands, also will make a lot of raises with a bluff or semibluff. Will occasionally raise or even reraise PF with 7To to mix things up. Has been ultra aggressive this tourney

Hero has Kc,Kh on the button

2 folds, Villan raises to 3k in CO, Hero makes it 7.5k, folds around to Villan who mini reraises to 12k, Hero reraises to 24k (I considered a smooth call here, but wanted to get more chips in the pot now), Villan Calls

Flop Ah 9c 4h (48k Pot)
Villan Checks, Hero bets 12k, Villan Calls

Turn 2h (72k Pot)
Villan goes all in, Hero ???(34k left behind)
Old 12-08-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Home Game SNG

After being re-raised to 12K, I probably push.

Also - you need to make a stronger flop bet. Either that or check behind. 12K doesn't exactly say "strength".
Old 12-08-2005, 04:04 PM

my thinking with no push PF is, he's not an idiot, I push, and after that many # of raises he probably has me on KK or AA and only calls with AA here.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:41 PM

bumping this, looking for more feedback
Old 12-08-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my thinking with no push PF is, he's not an idiot, I push, and after that many # of raises he probably has me on KK or AA and only calls with AA here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you telling me an ultra aggressive opponent isn't calling with QQ, JJ or AK here? Just push preflop. On the turn, you have the nut flush draw and the pot is laying you like 3:1 already and sometimes you have the best hand, I think you have to call.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:58 PM

Why did you bet 12K in to a 48K pot with a loose agressive player? You should have bet half his stack and folded if he check raised you. Also would have made the turn decision much easier.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:42 PM

Pushing preflop isn't a bad option, but I actually like the way you played preflop better. As soon as I read "LAG chipleader" and "KK," the goal becomes gettting a s many chips into this pot as possible. If he might fold to a push, than pushing would be a mistake. AJ+, TT+ he's probably calling a push, but with the volume of garbage he's playing he might fold. There are so many flops that give him a second-best hand that looks good, and fewer that beat you, so I think pushing is bad.

Now to the flop. That sucks. Many of the hands he could have are now crushing you. There are still a number he could have that aren't. I've seen a lot of big pots get checked down by preflop LAG's with QQ, JJ, TT, KQ, that won't put another chip in the pot with that ace out there. Checking it down is fine with you too, but I think you'd have to call a push here. If he's as predictable as I'd like to think, he won't push an ace since he'll worry you might not pay him off. I check behind and see the turn.

You have to call on that turn. With the flush draw you have 11 outs if you're behind. His move is indicative of either a flush draw+ a pair or a made hand of aces or better without a flush draw. You don't really know which. I call this even assuming the pot is smaller if the flop checks through. As it stands, you simply have to call given the pots odds and the top-heavy payout.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you bet 12K in to a 48K pot with a loose agressive player? You should have bet half his stack and folded if he check raised you. Also would have made the turn decision much easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize he has more chips than me so betting half his stack and then folding if he check raises leave me folding for another 5k in a 130k pot..... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2005, 10:07 PM

Villan turned over TT and MHIG