Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-19-2005, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Would you kill a man who\'s robbing you? (long)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If some body's coming at me with a knife and wearing a bandanna and I've got a gun, just go ahead and call the meat wagon now because of us is going down and it's probably not going to be the guy with the gun unless the criminal pulls a Jedi mind trick and gets me to shoot myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, long as he is coming at your from far, far away.

What does a bandana have to do with anything?

Do they actually have "meat wagons," or is that something you picked up from NYPD Blue...what The Shield...no CSI....Law and Order Special Victims Unit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe in your neighborhood guys walk around with bandannas over their faces carrying knives is common, but I have yet to encounter anyone coming to my house unannounced wearing that get up.

Being old, I haven't seen an episode of any of the shows you listed so I have no idea if they ever make reference to a meat wagon. First time I heard it was about 15 years ago from a cop friend of mine at the time.

If you are not willing to defend yourself that's fine and I can understand that you do not want to hurt your fellow man, but don't criticize those of us who would rather go down fighting.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:32 PM

" but don't criticize those of us who would rather go down fighting."

I'm entirely comfortable criticizing "those of us who would rather go down fighting" when there are plenty of alternative scenarios, including nobody going down.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very, very, very rarely do people engaged in petty theft stab or otherwise hurt anyone who isn't resisting in some way.

[/ QUOTE ]

except that this isnt a petty theft.

i just talked to an attorney i work w/ and described the scenario. he listed several felonies that the person could be charged w/. assault w/ a deadly weapon and burglary of a habitation were among the more severe charges.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's at that point I notice that he has a large knife in his hands. He quickly walks up to me, puts the knife in my face and motions for me to turn over. "That's not a knife, this is a knife" I say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 12-19-2005, 12:35 PM

Okay asshat, felonies were commited.

REALLY NO [censored] [censored] MORON, what do you think holding someone up with a knife is?

Glad you asked an attorney, since clearly you ARE TOTALLY [censored] STUPID.

What made you think I was concerned with legal definitions? Jesus Christ.

I think its pretty obvious that someone stealing a couple hundred dollars of consumer goods is just some [censored] moron desperate for a little cash. Why you had to talk to your lawyer colleague sounds like a personal problem, and I'm not interested in your personal problems.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
" but don't criticize those of us who would rather go down fighting."

I'm entirely comfortable criticizing "those of us who would rather go down fighting" when there are plenty of alternative scenarios, including nobody going down.

[/ QUOTE ]

No hard feelings, you can continue working out your various alternatives. I prefer having a single alternative when my life is threatened.

In these types of situations you have seconds to act and I prefer to not have to try to figure out what Mr Robber's true intentions are. To each his own.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:44 PM

hey [censored] - head, youre the one who came up w/ the brilliant post.

"Very, very, very rarely do people engaged in petty theft stab or otherwise hurt anyone who isn't resisting in some way."

and yes, theft is a legal term that you didnt understand. if you dont understand then why use it? if you use and are corrected on it, why get angry?

then you gave us a vague stat. care to back this up? where did you find that people rarely injure someone who isnt resisting?

when i call you out your bad posts, dont get angry at me. just make better posts...[censored] face

bwana
Old 12-19-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i like antique long barreled shotguns even better, assuming they still work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. They got range.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Ladies, if you don't mind, back to a more important issue. We've only got two real guns . . . apparently that's what they are. We find a good place to hide next door. When it sounds like the right time, we jack in the box, look nasty and stuff, cocoon them in gaffer tape, then we nick their van and swap the gear into a new van and then bring it back here. As long as we are all out of our hiding places quickly, it's the last thing they'll expect. If diebitter and anyone else feels like kicking them around a bit I am sure it won't do any harm."

Great movie.

ScottieK
Old 12-19-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The scary thing about a knife is it could be both of you.

Knives are scary sh*t indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Also, I think knives are a good idea. Big, [censored]-off shiny ones. Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. Knives are good, because they don't make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. [censored] 'em right up. Makes it look like we're serious. Guns for show, knives for a pro."

[/ QUOTE ]

"I'm not sure what I'm more worried about, diebitter...the job or your past."

ScottieK
Old 12-19-2005, 12:54 PM

Wait, "theft" is a legal term?

Please continue this fascinating line of argumentation.

Way to continue missing the point...

Hey asshat, if you want a long-winded substantiated argument, don't come to OOT. But feel free to do you own research, or ask a Criminal Justice Colleague of yours who also happens to be standing around clarifying the obvious to explain that the vast majority of robbery and theft is non-violent...

Or you could just watch those after school specials.

[censored] moron.