Between 1 and 2 3 2.75%
Between 2 and 3 49 44.95%
Between 3 and 4 36 33.03%
More than 4 17 15.60%
Less than 1 4 3.67%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2005, 12:31 AM

Default Re: dye my hair or not?

I already knew when I created the poll I was gonna leave it grey for awhile, I guess - I was just curious what others thought and if they would do it in my spot.

RB
Old 10-20-2005, 12:35 AM

what a brilliant use of server space. haha. hope things work out for you mano.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:40 AM

yes, SIIHP is so much less a waste of space - LOL

RB
Old 10-20-2005, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, SIIHP is so much less a waste of space - LOL

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

SIIYP
Old 10-20-2005, 04:59 AM

Dying hair is for chicks, imo. I told my best friend this the other day.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:32 AM

Buzz it.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:44 AM

Im 42 and Im trying to age gracefully. I also recommend trying to attract women slightly older than you may be used to. You may be surprised how attractive a little experience and maturity can be.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:18 AM

chicks dig Anderson Cooper, FWIW...

really, in most cases something like this is totally irrelevant, I think. If a girl is into you, she'll have a "what cool hair color he's got" attitude...if she's not, she might be in the "he's got grey hair--YUCK" category. But in either case, it doesn't really have anything to do with your hair. With people we like, we tend to find the details about them attractive. With people we don't, the opposite.

Coloring your hair isn't really about the hair, tho, que no? It seems to send the message "I'm insecure about my hair"...and that's what could make things worse, not better. Chicks prefer grey hair to insecurity most times, I think.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:53 AM

Women seem to either hate or love grey hair, but a ton of them seem to love it. At least, that's what I've heard them say about a billion times, and not when my hair was grey, so it wasn't in reference to me or to make me feel good or anything.

I think the main thing is to make it look natural. Some people choose flashy, fake looking hair colors and it just looks bizarre, especially on a weathered face. The next step is mascara, and then rouge. So, make the choice that doesn't make people say, Is that for real?

I think the main thing is to do what makes you feel good. If you feel more dynamic or whatever, or attractive, when your hair is colored, that will bring a positive effect to the rest of your life. This might be for you, since you raised the subject in the first place. If you want to not dye your hair, fine, but don't either dye or not dye because of a feeling of what you "should" do, but because of how it makes you feel or if it authentically makes you look better.

And remember that if you dye, you have to keep it up, or it looks like crap. I don't know if other guys feel this way about women who dye their hair, but so many women have roots that don't match their hair, and to me it looks both awful and ridiculous. And cheap, street ho style. Either do it right or don't do it at all, because when it's done wrong, it looks REALLY really bad. Keep up the maintenance.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im 42 and Im trying to age gracefully. I also recommend trying to attract women slightly older than you may be used to. You may be surprised how attractive a little experience and maturity can be.

[/ QUOTE ]

A whole lot of women, even very young ones, are often attracted to older men, at least if the rest of you looks vigorous. If the rest of you looks decayed, grey hair isn't going to be a selling point. But that's not the only selling point about a man being older, anyway.