Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 12:06 PM

Default Did I make the right bet.

Hello

Ive quit poker, unless I can play alone at home or alone some were Im not interested, it seems I cant play in public and .. well I sound like a right dork here but I lose it and make those oh so important choices the wrong time for the 50th time (thats an acurate amount).

I can play..I only need a warm table and I win, I went into a table two days ago $40 buy in, in side of one hour I was up to $370, I was then given a royal pain in the neck by a person behid me and distracted,(he was just sitting down to play poker, people who are thinking im going to kill evey body give out strong karma no..) I guess I need to learn to keep focus and not let things distracted me.

Doyle is right about esp its true and you need to be a zen master to keep focused.

Now the hand .. Picture the scene im playing tight only going in with rasing hands redy to all in. just out of the blue I decide to rasie 9-7 off suit, im in a game of no limit $40 buy in , ive bounced down to 35 then back up to $42 its still early.

So I rasie 9-7 off suit dont ask but I get re raised, I call and the pot is now $10.

The flop well remember im holding 9-7
Flop- 7-9-9.

What would you do in that situation, That to me is a hand which is unlikey to be beaten and it might be worth just checking it or putting in a $2 bet just to mix people up a bit.

I decided to make a pot sized bet of $10, three people then folded.

Did I play that wrong. Yes it felt good to see the flop
Old 12-08-2005, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Did I make the right bet.

if i was first to act i would def check in that situation.

someone has a solid hand that they will bet with and we can take their stack on the turn or river.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:19 PM

If it's full ring, I make a 2/3 pot bet, maybe even half, if were looking at 5 hands or under, check and hope for some overs on later streets.

Cambraceres
Old 12-08-2005, 12:25 PM

Default is the flop suited?

There was a good post the other day by AJ I believe...

If the flop has 2 of a suit at all, I'd definitely bet here. Why?

If a 3rd suit falls, it could kill your action against someone with a hand like A9/K9.

I'd start with a 3/4 pot-sized bet here, and try to get a feel for how strong the other players are.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:11 PM

so you would check that with three others in on the table, with the flop all being different suits?