Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 02:38 AM

Default KQ Hits Top Trips on Super Scary Board

Villian here is fairly tight (16/12 but only 24 hands). Did I go too far? Does my river play suck?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 14.20 BB
Old 09-29-2005, 02:46 AM

Default Re: KQ Hits Top Trips on Super Scary Board

You bet the river in hopes that he folds right? With the amount of strength he showed up till then, his fold equity seems fairly low. Does anyone else check-call the river?
Old 09-29-2005, 04:55 AM

I check call or check fold depending on the opponent.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:58 AM

why would you bet this river? If you felt you were ahead on the turn you would have capped. The only hands that beat you on the turn are AQ, a straight, a flsuh, and a boat. You know push with a straight and beat the rare AQ. Why are you betting?
Old 09-29-2005, 04:59 AM

I agree the river bet was stupid. I saw the flush and automatically thought 'Clarkmeister'. Unfortunately this is a horrible spot for it.

Assuming I don't bet the river, do you guys prefer check/call or check/fold?
Old 09-29-2005, 05:02 AM

if hes smart, check fold. any hand that you beat that he 3 bets the turn with he checks behind here on the river. if hes some weird aggro moron call. but i think against this guys stats its a check/fold. it hurts to lay this down i know. but u gotta save those bets,
Old 09-29-2005, 06:25 AM

I like Check/Fold. Of course this is a very scary board and people like to bluff situations like this. But, with the action that he's given you, you don't really stand a chance. He raised every chance he could get even when you check raised the turn. He never called you once, every move he made was a raise. You've got the guy pegged as conservative, so you're probably crushed. It's very difficult to throw away trips but here's a case where you must.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:30 AM

Wait, you don't have trips. The river gave you the king high straight. I change my response to check/call and hope for a split pot. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2005, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
check/call

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-29-2005, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, you don't have trips. The river gave you the king high straight. I change my response to check/call and hope for a split pot. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Split pot????

After the action on the previous streets you've got a better chance of him misclicking than splitting the pot. Check/fold the river. You are good like 1 in every.....nope, you're never good here.