Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Quick Turn Decision

The limper here is very weak, nearly 70/6 over 100 hands. The raiser is a bit laggy at 52/21/1.8 over 60ish hands. I think the play up to the turn is fairly standard (if not, feel free to let me know).

Thirddan and I were discussing the turn here and couldn't come to a quick consensus (neither of us played this hand). Are we going to showdown here unimproved? If we are continuing, how do we go about it?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

Turn: (7.20 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero...
Old 09-20-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Quick Turn Decision

Interesting hand.

I think a check/call a bet from the button makes sense on the turn, moreso than bet/fold or bet/call. You aren't too worried about giving a free card because if you are ahead you likely have the button reverse dominated. The button also could be laggy enough to make you make a bad fold on the turn with the bet/fold line. Bet/call is putting in too many bets on the turn with middle pair.

I think you can check fold if the CO bets and the button calls or raises. I'm assuming your read of weak is postflop as well.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:19 PM

Read the last action on the flop to get a good idea of just how weak the limper is.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Read the last action on the flop to get a good idea of just how weak the limper is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2005, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

I still think check/call is the correct line here and on the river. If he checks the turn through, then bet any non-paint river, and check-raise an Ace. With my mediocre hands, I like to show down cheaply against laggy players rather than going to war.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:29 PM

Come on guys, just a simple call down or fold reply would be great here...
Old 09-21-2005, 04:22 PM

Im showing this hand down as cheaply as possible.