Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 01:19 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Stillman\'s play on the pocket deuces!

the guy limped in EP then called a raise. the flop came AQx. he's got a pocket pair tehre such a huge portion of the time. he has to think that most Ax hands are coming in with a raise, or if not, are coming over the top once it gets back to him. pocket pairs probably make up 70 or 80% of the guy's range, and at that stage picking up pots is huge. it's a gamble just like any other situation. he pushed against kessler's range and got unlucky.

him ripping on Kessler for calling with ATo was IDENTICAL to Arieh's rants last year. he clearly just wanted to look cool on tv for his friends. too bad he just looked like a fat disrespectful [censored].
Old 11-02-2005, 01:21 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The play was not as terrible as you guys think. Being that they were getting down to 30 or so he figured A10o guy had to have a premium hand to call his reraise. The guy who called made the worst play by calling. He basically bled off what could have been 25-30% of his stack on a hand that is dominated or way behind by any reraising hand. He got lucky. If I was that big oaf I would have been pissed too that bad play got rewarded. The big oafs mistake was going all in on the flop after the Ace hits. His reraise with 22 is a pretty good chip accumulating play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I don't fault him for the pre flop play. I would limp with it early, but in later stages I would raise. But when he went all in after the flop I was shocked.

[/ QUOTE ]

what % of kessler's hands do you think he folds? waht Ax hand is he open limping with and calling a raise headsup out of position? if kessler has KQ or QJs he probably doesn't call
Old 11-02-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else think his play was horrible, especially post flop? Is Kessler an extremely tight player? I could never play for 4 days and then bet a half a million chips on 2's. Also, he was a jerk! Yelling that the guy called the raise w/ A10o. I'm glad he's gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

So glad.

Big mouths that use their size to intimidate people into saying nothing about their a-hole behavior are douchbags.

They're in every walk of life and they're all dickheads.

He reminded me of "Ducky" the FBI agent from The Sopranos....
Old 11-02-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After being berated by Stillman for such a bad call preflop with AT, I'd just tell him I put him on K9.

[/ QUOTE ]

I woulda said "Way you blow it with deuces, Fatboy. Security!"
Old 11-02-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Overplaying small pocket pairs like that is a standard move for small $$ online players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so glad he didn't catch the duece, but if he did he would have felt like an idiot for acting like a jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

No he wouldn't have. I see him doing an "Arieh" and berating the guy for calling with AT in the first place.

Were we watching the same douchebag?
Old 11-02-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Overplaying small pocket pairs like that is a standard move for small $$ online players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so glad he didn't catch the duece, but if he did he would have felt like an idiot for acting like a jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

No he wouldn't have. I see him doing an "Arieh" and berating the guy for calling with AT in the first place.

Were we watching the same douchebag?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well either way the guy is an a hole and he's jumped to the top of my unlikeable list..
Old 11-02-2005, 03:28 PM

Based on the coverage of him (which is limited granted)

The guy appeared to be a big time gambler, had no problem making huge bets or calls in marginal situations.

Thus he was able to build up a big chip stack by being aggressive and by getting lucky in a few big pots, thus he was able to go pretty deep.

However it was a matter of time before he donked off all his chips.

Based on his dress and vocabulary I'm also going to extrapolate that he is not the most intelligent individual and played the entire tournament on "gut instinct" rather than any sort of calculations.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on his dress and vocabulary I'm also going to extrapolate that he is not the most intelligent individual and played the entire tournament on "gut instinct" rather than any sort of calculations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we are talking about the same guy. They guy I was watching sounded extremeley intelligent! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2005, 03:36 PM

Stillman was a big guy, shaved hair cut, Bullets jersey...right?
Old 11-02-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stillman was a big guy, shaved hair cut, Bullets jersey...right?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.. If you're referring to my last note i was joking. He was a complete idiot.