Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Re: I\'m never gonna graduate college.

dude, it's 12 credits. I never understand ppl who drop out of school with a semester or less of credits to go.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:03 AM

I agree.

Tony: Sack the [censored] up dude. The Crimson challenge butter eater I know wouldn't cave in to a wussy few credits.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:10 AM

A really good friend of mine recently started at Cornell. He's 24. His dad is a doctor, and he was really pressured to also be a doctor, so he started at KU in premed back in 2000. He was miserable, rarely socialized, and tried to tell himself just to get through school.

By sophomore year he realized he hated what he had allowed his college experience to become. He dropped out of KU and went to the CIA (think chefs not spies) instead, doctor be damned. Now, after graduating near the very top of his class from the CIA and spending 4 months learning in France, he's back in college, in the food science program.

Two weekends ago he got numbers from four different women at one party, all ranging in age from an 18-year old freshman to a 23-year old vet student. Last weekend he had two dates. He's having the time of his life because he realizes that he doesn't have to get up at 4am to go to work. He's studying something in which he's very interested and highly motivated. There's a great social scene. Its [censored] college, for god's sake, and he's not going to waste the experience twice. He's learned his lesson.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Life is pretty easy. You gotta just get comfortable and ride it out.

Most people make life waaaaaaaaaay too hard for themselves.

What are you doing in a class that you're never going to?

Find one you're going to enjoy thinking about and show up, think about interesting [censored] and then pass the tests/papers/whatever.

As for staying motivated....you don't really have to be, you just have to realize that you can have fun or enjoy almost any of the activities that you routinely and/or desperately try to avoid.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good post. I think your advice is spot on. When I came to this realization college became soooooo much more bearable.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Life is pretty easy. You gotta just get comfortable and ride it out.

Most people make life waaaaaaaaaay too hard for themselves.

What are you doing in a class that you're never going to?

Find one you're going to enjoy thinking about and show up, think about interesting [censored] and then pass the tests/papers/whatever.

As for staying motivated....you don't really have to be, you just have to realize that you can have fun or enjoy almost any of the activities that you routinely and/or desperately try to avoid.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good post. I think your advice is spot on. When I came to this realization college became soooooo much more bearable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some classes are mandatory.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:02 PM

yeah, your life sucks.

Think of all the people lucky enough not to live in this country like you, not able to go to college and waste the opportunity like you, not able to have three squares a day like you.

Yeah, your life sucks.

Boo fricken hoo, Slacker.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:10 PM

I just read my post, and after sleeping for a few hours, I want to clarify something.

I'm not sure where this:

[ QUOTE ]
So far, for the most part, the first 22 years of my life have mostly sucked. I somehow can't see the next 30-60 years being much better.

How the [censored] does anyone stay motivated in life?

[/ QUOTE ]

came from. I'm not a depressed person at all, and I feel like I have a pretty good life overall. I think this was my brain frying on sleep deprevation and excess caffienne.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, your life sucks.

Think of all the people lucky enough not to live in this country like you, not able to go to college and waste the opportunity like you, not able to have three squares a day like you.

Yeah, your life sucks.

Boo fricken hoo, Slacker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:24 PM

Meh-
6 years ago i dropped out of college, spent a year in a forestry program, went back, dropped out again, lived lke a bum in san diego for a few months, moved back in with the parents, got a crap job, moved out, got a better paying crap job, bought a house, quit, started playing poker professionally and went back to school at 25. Two semesters later and i am not going to finish my degree.
If you hear any good advice in this thread make sure to PM it to me, cause all the fools who say you will figure it out around 26-27, i ain't figured it out yet.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:36 PM

I would just drop out of college in make a living on the 2+2 Crimson challenge tour. You could travel from city to city and compete in the challenges. Clearly a better idea than staying in college.

Seriously though, just to echo what everyone above has said. College is fcking AWESOME. Enjoy the last time you have at it. But also find something that you really want to do. This may take some failed attempts, but you have lots of time to figure it out.