Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Lindsey Lohan causes another car accident

[ QUOTE ]

i'm saying that these are the people she counts on (or counted on in the past) to get her her name recognition

[/ QUOTE ]

It's kind of a chicken or the egg scenario, but I would have to say that paparazzi hound her because of her name recognition, she does not have name recognition because of the paparazzi.

[ QUOTE ]
she's going to have these people following her around for a long time - she should get used to it, cause she's getting paid a pretty penny (or 12 billion of them) to do it

[/ QUOTE ]

Well no, she doesn't. The paparazzi that take pictures of her are a huge invasion of her privacy and she doesn't see a penny of the profits from the pictures they take of her.

[ QUOTE ]
i don't understand how you get in an accident trying to get away from them? they're not trying to kill her or anything

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously I've never been followed by paparazzi, but my understanding is that their tactics basically revolve around incredibly aggressive harassment where it is common for them force your car down a narrow road which they have blocked off at the other end so that they can trap the celebrity in their car, or similar tactics.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:28 AM

Meh. The few times that I've seen celebrities in public I've been very disappointed and really haven't had any desire to have any contact with them. I was once behind Jon Stewart in a restaurant waiting for a table, and I thought about saying hi or something, but I realized that he was just a guy going out to dinner with his wife/girlfriend and how much I can't stand it when people I know bother me in similar situations.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:29 AM

Oh yeah, that's actually an angle I'd try and work into this fantasy meeting with Lindsay. People would walk up and I'd be like, "WHYY!!! WHY CANT YOU JUST LET HER SHOP. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HAVE YOU NO SHAME?!?!"

That's when I make my move..
Old 10-05-2005, 02:29 AM

Unfortunately, the papparazzi are just reflections of us, kind of like distilled concentrates. There wouldn't be so many of them if there weren't media paying good money to photograph celebrities doing anything, or nothing at all. And they do that because we as a whole really want to see celebrities so very, very much.

At work, I've heard the women go on non-stop for an hour about every last celebrity, and they seem to know everything about them. They really CARE who's dating whom, etc. A lot. The men can be the same way about sports figures sometimes.

Since they can't get a life of their own, they're all thrilled to get into somebody else's. Sad stuff.

But anyway, this papparazzi behavior is not some weird tangential thing out on the borderlines or human behavior or anything. It fits right in at the center of what we care about in life and often make huge emotional investments in -- celebrities. We can't blame them without blaming ourselves. Which I'm sure we're not about to start doing anytime soon.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, that's actually an angle I'd try and work into this fantasy meeting with Lindsay. People would walk up and I'd be like, "WHYY!!! WHY CANT YOU JUST LET HER SHOP. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HAVE YOU NO SHAME?!?!"

That's when I make my move..

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had this exact same thought many times before.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:31 AM

I really know you have..
Old 10-05-2005, 02:39 AM

I think a lot of what the paparazzi do is [censored] up, and I value personal freedom a lot, but when I hear celebrities bitch and moan about about it a lot of the time my bullshit detector and cynical steak goes off. "Nigga please. You're a millionaire because people read those stupid magazines. If no one wanted to follow you you'd be waiting tables, or worse, because you're a dumb whore."

It's part of being a celebrity. I think a lot of the time its really [censored] up, but most of these celebrities have pretty sweet lives.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a lot of what the paparazzi do is [censored] up, and I value personal freedom a lot, but when I hear celebrities bitch and moan about about it a lot of the time my bullshit detector and cynical steak goes off. "Nigga please. You're a millionaire because people read those stupid magazines. If no one wanted to follow you you'd be waiting tables, or worse, because you're a dumb whore."

It's part of being a celebrity. I think a lot of the time its really [censored] up, but most of these celebrities have pretty sweet lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

good post
Old 10-05-2005, 02:45 AM

its also part and parcel with getting 5 million to shoot a crappy movie. when you make a deal with the devil there is a downside (other than losing your soul).
Old 10-05-2005, 02:48 AM

While I agree with everything you said in your last two posts, I don't think that being a successful actress gives others the right harass you and completely invade your privacy 24/7.