Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 11:12 AM

Default Weak tight or just right?

The villian is super loose super passive (thus one of my fav's). 77/4.2/0.28 He raises flop bets so rarely I'm still not sure what type of hands he will raise with on the flop.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB
Old 12-14-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Weak tight or just right?

I think if you plan on folding the turn if he bets and you don't improve you should've folded on the flop. You're getting 8 to one but as passive as he is he's probably got the J. If you think he may be betting the draw then I think you should've fired again on the turn when the blank fell instead of check/folding. As you played it, it looks to me like you're only giving yourself 2 outs to continue (and I would think that you may very well only have 2 outs here (I'd probably make it 3 with the bdfd)). In this case you should've either folded to his raise or bet again on the turn.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:07 PM

Going by your read, I would fold on the flop
Old 12-14-2005, 12:32 PM

yeah what others have said, it doesn't make sense to pay 9:1 and then fold a blank turn..
Old 12-14-2005, 12:42 PM

Use your reads when you have them. Fold the flop. He's only raising TPGK or better here.