Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 07:04 PM

Default session review routine

<font color="#666666">...damn, my last fish just busted out. These tables are getting a little too intense. I guess it's time to log off now.</font>

-click- -click-

<font color="#666666">well that was a fun 4 hours. 300 more hands tomorrow and I'll have this bonus cleared and so I can freakin move on from this rock garden.</font>

-click-

<font color="#666666">Yes, i would like to leave your freakin poker room. </font>

-click-

<font color="#666666">time to be results-oriented and take a look a poker tracker.</font>

-click-

<font color="#666666">hmm. lost 1 BB. you know, they say some guys like to review thier sessions when they're over. I guess I'd better give that a shot sometime if I ever want to get better.

Let's see, if I were to look over this session right now, I would... </font>
Old 11-17-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Re: session review routine

I just sort the sessions so they start with the first one I played and replay them all. I'll convert the ones I'm curious about and look at them later. If I'm really curious about what to do, (rare - my mistakes are usually very obvious and stupid) I'll post the hand. I think I've posted 5 hands so far. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2005, 09:20 PM

Click preferences, select just today. Then click Game tab, click Get All. Sort by Net. Let's look at the biggest losers. Go through them all that you lost more than X big bets. X being based on your tolerance and time.

Make some notes on where your reads were off. Where if given more time you may have thought of a different turn line, etc. Add some notes to players in the hand if they did something unexpected. For close decisions on a couple hands, calculate your equity and EV of the decisions to see if you made the right move. Congratulate yourself on hands where you made the right moves but still losing the hand.

Then sort it again by net and look at your biggest winners. Feel good about the session. See where you made a dumb move and lucked out.

If you still feel like analyzing and haven't already restarted your poker client and jumped into 8 games....

Go through your BB hands and look for where you had a chance to defend but didn't. Look for spots where you had a chance to steal and passed. The Filters button on the general screen is your friend here.

Then get some damn sleep. You've got some quality poker to be playing tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:23 PM

I would look at your premium hands like AK, JJ, etc. and see if they were winners or losers. That'll give you an idea of how your session ran. Look at the hands to see if you played them well and variance got you, or if you just spewed a bunch of bets with them.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:56 AM

I think that this is a great topic and a great response, I would like to see some of the other respected vetrans respond.

I think that people too often come here for help when there are much better sources, particularly your own play and your books, to provide the foundation that is required.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:01 AM

Here is an excellent PT Session Review Thread by lautzutao. I do this after every session and it hasd helped me out alot as a beginner and I'm sure it will continue to do so in the future.