Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 11:01 AM

Default lasik recovery time

I had wavefront lasik last wednesday. My eyes are still blurry and dry. I can drive at night without glasses, but seeing the street signs is a bit difficult. There are halos around every light. I have to wear sunglasses when it's sunny. I have trouble reading digital clocks.

To anyone who has had this done, how long will all this last? I'm a bit nervous: This is my vision.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: lasik recovery time

I know next time I have a serious medical issue, I'm gonna ask a bunch of random people on OOT instead of my doctor.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:29 AM

It took me about a month before that went away, I was told this was a little longer than average because I sat in front of a computer looking at numbers all day at work and that's a big strain on the eyes.

I only had the problem at night though. In the mornings it was fine. If you are having blurred vision all day I would suggest calling the doctor that did the surgery.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know next time I have a serious medical issue, I'm gonna ask a bunch of random people on OOT instead of my doctor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you think your doctor looks when he has a question?
Old 11-17-2005, 11:55 AM

Well, I just called my Doctor. He should be calling me back soon. I needed that kick in the ass, though. Nonetheless, I really did overstate my concern. Everything I've read suggest the vision will be blurry from a few days to a few months. I just wanted some testimonials from people who have gone through this before.

The redness hasn't even gone away yet which suggest, to me, that my eyes are still swollen. I don't suppose you should expect to see perfectly with swollen eyes. Still, if there are others out there who've been here, I'd appreciate your comments.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:57 AM

www.google.com

lasik site:extempore.livejournal.com
Old 11-17-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To anyone who has had this done, how long will all this last? I'm a bit nervous: This is my vision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had my Custom LASIK procedure done April of 2004. A week after my surgery my eyes were a bit dry at times. I was told to use eyedrops every 2-3 hours.

I didn't have any trouble with street signs at night or halos.

The sunglasses are normal. They should have given you special super protective sunglasses to wear for 2 weeks after surgery. Shouldn't have a problem with digital clocks either.

See your doctor.

Shouldn't you have had 2 followups by now? They had me do a followup after 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and finally 1 year after the surgery. When's your next followup?

P.S. LASIK pwns. Highly recommended to anyone, and I recommend TLC Vision Center (the people who did Tiger Woods's surgery). Went from being unable to read the big "E" on the eyechart to 20/15 vision in a matter of minutes.

Lasik FTW.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you think your doctor looks when he has a question?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one.

I'm seriously starting to think that's what my doctor does.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:42 PM

Mine was done February 1999. I had 20/400 vision (20/500 is considered legally blind I believe). I ended with 20/30 in one eye, 20/20 in the other.

Best money I ever spent.

The night halos sucked tho.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:58 PM

Are there any drawbacks? My mother claims you lose "depth of vision," whatever that means. Maybe she means depth perception.

Also, how risky a procedure is it?