Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 02:34 PM

Default FH hits resistance on river

Play this one any different?
Button was very loose (close to 100%), semi-aggressive and UTG seemed pretty solid. He seemed unlikely to raise without a very good hand, which concerned me when he woke up on the river.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, Button calls.

River: (13 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB

I'll post results with a follow-up question in a little while.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: FH hits resistance on river

I think I would have 3-bet this flop, but waiting for the tun is good too.

The way you played the hand, I don't like c/r'ing the turn. You face the other guys with 2 cold...bad idea. lead the turn and try to trap them both. Good cap on the river.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:41 PM

with the straight and the flush getting there, there is no way I'm not capping this river. I put him on Ah8h personally, but if you lost then a very meekly played 9T or JT are both possible I suppose.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:22 PM

3-bet flop and lead turn.

You have the 3rd nut boat on the river. JJ, JT, and T9 beat you. I can't see UTG holding any of these except for the very slight chance of JJ. Then again, you said he's solid, and solid players raise JJ preflop. So, you win.

Old 04-04-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You have the 3rd nuts on the river. JJ, JT, and T9 beat you. I can't see UTG holding any of these except for the very slight chance of JJ. Then again, you said he's solid, and solid players raise JJ preflop. So, you win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look again before you say I had the third nuts. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2005, 03:28 PM

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ts 7c (full house, tens full of sevens).
UTG has Kh Qh (straight flush, king high).
Outcome: UTG wins 21 BB. </font>

Considering the above, is there anything I could have done to change the outcome of this hand? Such as 3-betting the flop? I don't think that would've changed things, but I'd like some second opinions.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hero has Ts 7c (full house, tens full of sevens).
UTG has Kh Qh (straight flush, king high).
Outcome: UTG wins 21 BB.

Considering the above, is there anything I could have done to change the outcome of this hand? Such as 3-betting the flop? I don't think that would've changed things, but I'd like some second opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]
For one, change your read on this player. Two, always ignore the possibility of someone having a straight flush. It really doesn't matter enough to change any decision you make. The results don't matter, either, but you should be 3-betting this flop.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet flop and lead turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want the pot-building move on the turn, not the pot-protecting one.