Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 11:32 PM

Default Easy River Value bet vs 54/33/1.4.... and Den?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (6 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#666666"> ....Hero does what with intension of what? </font>
Old 07-26-2005, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Easy River Value bet vs 54/33/1.4.... and Den?

I think you hear from an ace before this. I don't see where the value is coming from, unless you figure he'll call you playing the board when you clearly aren't.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero does what with intension of what? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Checks with the intention of swearing if he missed a value bet.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:26 AM

I don't really know what I'm talking about (new to the forums), but it seems reasonable that he has an ace with a weak kicker?

Plus, if he has a 10 he might not raise you because he has the low end of the full house. I would bet hoping he has an ace, and fold if raised. If you check, he'll bet his 10 anyway or else check his ace. I like betting.

Comments for the noob?
Old 07-27-2005, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really know what I'm talking about (new to the forums), but it seems reasonable that he has an ace with a weak kicker?

Plus, if he has a 10 he might not raise you because he has the low end of the full house. I would bet hoping he has an ace, and fold if raised. If you check, he'll bet his 10 anyway or else check his ace. I like betting.

Comments for the noob?

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant even fold this if raised on the river, it will be bluffed far to often here, with crazy retardo monkey hands.

Against a bad opponent I will Bet this river, so most of the time just value bet here.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:49 AM

If he filled up, he has to figure that Hero will check behind with an A on this board. I don't think he'll risk it to be checked through often. I bet/call to get value from an A or lower pocket pair and from a bluff raise.

unless you have better reads...
Old 07-27-2005, 03:12 AM

I bet and fold to a reraise after crying. I think there is a good chance that you are ahead. If he reraises you though I think it is a clear fold. I can't think of any hand you can beat here, unless he is known to make bluffs like this.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet and fold to a reraise after crying. I think there is a good chance that you are ahead. If he reraises you though I think it is a clear fold. I can't think of any hand you can beat here, unless he is known to make bluffs like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't fold here. I'm just not that good. 9 BBs. This board is way too bluff-inducing for a player who raises 33% of his hands preflop.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:26 AM

Default Results

Hero bets river w/ intension of calling reraise. I thought I'd seek value from his weak ace and I just thought that this guy was sufficiently crazy enough to bluff c/r river.

This time it worked out fine. Hero bets, villain calls with his A7o and MHIG.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:30 AM

This is an easy check. Not to be too harsh, but those advocating betting have a fundamental (and widely shared) misunderstanding of how to play the river.