Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Varkonyi Faces Juha Helppi at Bottom of Ocean Today

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What, you actually think this is a good idea? Is this really good for the game? What next, poker fear factor? If you get caught bluffing you have to eat beatles dipped in cow dung? I think my response is no less thought out than the creaters of this spectacle. I would have loved to been at that brainstorming meeting. I would love to know the genius that came up with this. "I have an idea, boys, " he says as he puts down his water bong and shoves the hooker off his lap, "let's get together to has-beens in the poker world, throw some scuba gear on them, and have them play heads up in the ocean."

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it really good for the game? Don't care really. I'm pretty sure its not bad for the game.

I recently stumbled (see, it was an accident, see...um yeah an accident...) on a web site where topless girls wrestle each other. There's a ref and points are taken. Digitial insertion is apparently an acceptable tactic as is stripping your opponent completely naked. (The wrestling was actually much more competent generally, than one would expect). At the end of the match the winner gets to strap on a dildo and screw the loser.

Whatever else you want to say about that, I'm pretty sure its not going to damage the sport of wrestling.

I'd be more than astonished if the underwater poker game had any negative impact on poker generally.

I do wonder if Caro can offer any hints on underwater tells...

--Zetack

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's mandatory that somebody say this post is worthless without pictures.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What, you actually think this is a good idea? Is this really good for the game? What next, poker fear factor? If you get caught bluffing you have to eat beatles dipped in cow dung? I think my response is no less thought out than the creaters of this spectacle. I would have loved to been at that brainstorming meeting. I would love to know the genius that came up with this. "I have an idea, boys, " he says as he puts down his water bong and shoves the hooker off his lap, "let's get together to has-beens in the poker world, throw some scuba gear on them, and have them play heads up in the ocean."

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it really good for the game? Don't care really. I'm pretty sure its not bad for the game.

I recently stumbled (see, it was an accident, see...um yeah an accident...) on a web site where topless girls wrestle each other. There's a ref and points are taken. Digitial insertion is apparently an acceptable tactic as is stripping your opponent completely naked. (The wrestling was actually much more competent generally, than one would expect). At the end of the match the winner gets to strap on a dildo and screw the loser.

Whatever else you want to say about that, I'm pretty sure its not going to damage the sport of wrestling.

I'd be more than astonished if the underwater poker game had any negative impact on poker generally.

I do wonder if Caro can offer any hints on underwater tells...

--Zetack

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's mandatory that somebody say this post is worthless without pictures.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have any pictures of Varkoni and Hellpi playing poker under water...sorry.

--Zetack
Old 11-30-2005, 06:46 PM

Scuba tanks usually don't last that long. This is going to be a very short game. I personally think this is a joke.

Oh and the website for those naked girly wrestling is ultimate surrender dot com or something like that. Not my cup of tea but whatever floats your boat.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If I knew how to post pictures, I would definitely do it. I agree, the post is worthless without some visual cooberation. However, I still haven't figured out the picture thing on this site.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is Varkonyi's opportunity to improve his stellar record and prove to everyone that he was no fluke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I should be listed then. I won a few free rolls back when planet poker had tournaments...there were like 500 people.
[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]
$ 10 Limit Hold'em - Gustavo Echeverri Challenge

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-30-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What next, poker fear factor? If you get caught bluffing you have to eat beatles dipped in cow dung?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have a future as a network tv exec. That's genius.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn I need to get out more.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:03 PM

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_news...l.php?p_id=705

It wasn't just Varkonyi and Helppi...

[ QUOTE ]
Helppi joined poker pros Phil “The Unabomber” Laak and Kenna James, InterPoker.com’s spokesman Peter Marcus, and an amateur online qualifier in the world’s first underwater poker tournament.

Helppi, who along with Kathy Liebert, Robert Varkonyi, and Pete Giordano, make up InterPoker.com’s poker team, didn’t hesitate to say yes when asked if he would play in the undersea event.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-30-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scuba tanks usually don't last that long. This is going to be a very short game. I personally think this is a joke.

Oh and the website for those naked girly wrestling is ultimate surrender dot com or something like that. Not my cup of tea but whatever floats your boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

At 20ft down with little movement and controlled breathing, they could go for at least an hour.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:19 PM

Wow, Interpoker must've slept in when they were handing out celebrity endorsers.