Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 08:30 AM

Default Re: Annie gets called out again!

[ QUOTE ]
Saying that she was rude to that guy is only one persons unsubstantiated side of the story. It shouldn't be stated on TV, unless Chad witness it. We don't know what happen or if anything happened. Maybe at some point she was rude to Chad and that’s why we heard the story. If the guy wants to say it himself that's OK, he's got the right, as long as you give her a chance to respond. Everybody just accepts that she did this and was at fault. That’s called character assassination.

[/ QUOTE ]

When a pattern of behavior is shown, now fourth time I have heard a completely different person tell of story of this attitude and her brother's response being, well that's Annie. It starts to just be your character. We all reap the fields we sow.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Saying that she was rude to that guy is only one persons unsubstantiated side of the story. It shouldn't be stated on TV, unless Chad witness it. We don't know what happen or if anything happened. Maybe at some point she was rude to Chad and that’s why we heard the story. If the guy wants to say it himself that's OK, he's got the right, as long as you give her a chance to respond. Everybody just accepts that she did this and was at fault. That’s called character assassination.

[/ QUOTE ]

When a pattern of behavior is shown, now fourth time I have heard a completely different person tell of story of this attitude and her brother's response being, well that's Annie. It starts to just be your character. We all reap the fields we sow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well its easy to get a pretty bad impression of Annie Duke from all this. And in the very remote possibility that I ever find mysel playing with her I'll be cautious.

Having had a little experience with evidence in a courtroom setting, though, I think you folks vastly underestimate the ability of stories like this to get around and to start to come from a lot of different people and still not have any basis in reality. Eye witness accounts of things are very odd things. "I talked to a guy who was there when Annie did..." is an incredibly unreliable source of information, even when those type of stories come from many different sources.

Even Daniel N, as I recall mostly reported stories he'd heard from other people and maybe one or two he says he saw himself (I can't remember--she called him cup boy, and looked at his mucked cards or something like that).

Hey my impression of Annie, like many other peoples, is pretty negative. But its based on the same stories all of you are hearing. And the idea that, if so many people are saying it, it must be true, is simply a logical fallacy. The old, where there's smoke there must be fire way of looking at the world.

I would also point out, that we haven't caught her boorish behvior on film, unlike with some of our more notorious male poker celebs. With guys like Mike the Mouth, however, its always, hey he wears his heart on his sleeve and is basically a good guy underneath that bluster and I kind of like him. Phil Helmuth gets the, he's entertaining to watch and good for the game. Annie gets, what a bitch! I wonder why...

--Zetack
Old 10-11-2005, 10:08 AM

Because we're all sexist jerks, obviously.

Nice suggestion. Maybe you haven't read the forums very much, but you'll find the behaviors or more well known, often seen pros like Hellmuth, Matusow and Duke critiqued in both positive and negative ways. Maybe you should read the forums before you use the big brushstroke and assassinate the characters of everyone here.

Oh yeah, and this isn't a [censored] courtroom.

I acknowledge and others have also said Annie is good for the game too.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I would also point out, that we haven't caught her boorish behvior on film, unlike with some of our more notorious male poker celebs. With guys like Mike the Mouth, however, its always, hey he wears his heart on his sleeve and is basically a good guy underneath that bluster and I kind of like him. Phil Helmuth gets the, he's entertaining to watch and good for the game. Annie gets, what a bitch! I wonder why...

--Zetack

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll tell you why, because the image she chooses to display, for better or for worse, is the OPPOSITE of what these stories (true or not) portray. The problem is Annie is being accused of exactly the opposite of what you said about Matusow. She ISN'T a "good guy" underneath, and that's why she's disliked.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Helmuth gets the, he's entertaining to watch and good for the game. Annie gets, what a bitch!

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, Phil is a bitch, too.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:29 PM

I would take a bitchy woman over phil hellmuth any day, simply for the fact that he reminds me of every annoying chatbox coach I've ever played, and being near him I'd feel hard-pressed not to put one of my size 16's right in between his nuts.

god I hate that guy.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:06 PM

You shall all refer to her as "The Duchess" from now on! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You shall all refer to her as "The Duchess" from now on! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks kind of like Bugs Bunny....
Old 10-11-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

She even needed that brutal suckout on her brother to survive at the ToC when she should have known Howard had a better hand than her lousy low pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

She had 66 and he had 77 right? So given that Howard can make that move with 77, we can justifiably say he wouldn't do it with 22-44 or AK? There's an actual cut-off for where Howard makes that move and it happens to be 77 and better? Doesn't sound like you're at all letting what Howard actually had influence your determination of his range of hands...
Old 10-11-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because we're all sexist jerks, obviously.

Nice suggestion. Maybe you haven't read the forums very much, but you'll find the behaviors or more well known, often seen pros like Hellmuth, Matusow and Duke critiqued in both positive and negative ways. Maybe you should read the forums before you use the big brushstroke and assassinate the characters of everyone here.

Oh yeah, and this isn't a [censored] courtroom.

I acknowledge and others have also said Annie is good for the game too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Touchy much?

Character assasination? Ya know, if I ever assasinate your character you'll know about it.

I don't really see the relevance of your this is not a courtroom comment. That seems kind of obvious from the lack of judges, bailiffs, lawsuits, and oh yeah, courtrooms. I also fail to see what that has to do with my observation that second hand rumor is a pretty unreliable source for just about anything.

Lots of people say it, so it must be true. Ok.

--Zetack