Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Collusion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you really think something wrong went on, you should e-mail pokerstars all the information and they will look into it

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about this idea, but I would do it only if I have something to earn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just do it. All you have to do is tell them the time of day and the table.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:23 PM

Same response I give to all the whiners at the tables who think someone is cheating/disconnecting/colluding/etc.. Report them (or me, if I happen to be the target of their accusations) - the big sites take these accusations seriously, and will investigate.

If what you accuse is really true, there will be consequences to varying degrees (usually not so harsh, as they like to keep customers, but preventative measures). For example on Party, I know if you are accused of collusion w/ sufficient evidence you're banned from playing at the same table as the other player(s).

There are also various automatic countermeasures on the big sites against collusion. For example I logged on to Party at a friend's house while he was also playing there on a different computer (same ip) - from that point on we couldn't play the same tables (which didn't matter because we weren't colluding, we just noticed once when he tried to sit at a particularly juicy table I was at).

Collusion in general (unless it's the drop dead obvious raise-reraise type that will be caught automatically or if reported) doesn't give much of an edge. However, people obviously are scared of it, so the big sites make a large effort to quell their fears w/ automatic countermeasures and investigation teams.

Bottom line - if it's fishy, report it (can't hurt, if you're totally wrong the investiagors will see that too). Other than that, you're safer than you think.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:33 PM

In the past year, there have been a few times when I thought people might be colluding.

I made notes on the players for myself, left the table, and wrote an email to PartyPoker describing the relevant facts (table #, time, why I thought it was potentially collusion).

While it will take you a few moments, IF you think it has happened, I don't think there's anything wrong with dropping the site a note, expressing your concern as a customer. To keep your mind at ease, IF you see those same two guys at a table again together - just don't sit down with them.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 09-01-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 hours ago I have been victim of collusion on pokertar at 25NL buyin

2 players had 600 stack at the table. They played like maniacs. And all the table became crazy. One of the colluders reached 2000 $ stack at this 25MAX NL buyin.

I only want to say that, They are not "REAL maniacs", and I don't want to explain their system to avoid such things to happen again.

I lost some money at this table and want to know if such thing is accepted and if not, what happen for the victim.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh bullshit. There is no way that someone was sitting with $2000 at a 25 NL max buy in table. Post the hand history cause I gotta see this with my own eyes.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
.. contacting pokertar ..

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao, for some reason (5 AM here)
Old 09-02-2005, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If this was 0.1 0.2 nl why the hell you posted it to MHSNLH forum in first place?
Where are the moderators when you need them.

[/ QUOTE ]

For you an excerpt of the SSNL FAQ v3.0

[ QUOTE ]
Q: What's the difference between Small Stakes NL and Mid-High NL?

A: Small stakes is in the realm of $.01/$.02 to $2/$4 NL. Mid-high includes $2/$4 and above. Please understand that the amount of BBs in play is more important than the level you're playing at. A hand involving two $600 stacks at a $.5/$1 table would pass as Mid-High.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it ok with the police here ?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLLERSKATES
Old 09-02-2005, 04:54 AM

I was colluded against in a similar fashion on Party Poker today.

Pfrz with 99, I call with 66 as does QTo.

Flop 678, 99 bets, QTo pushes, obviously trying to push me off my hand, I push, 99 calls. Turn 9. River T.

I contacted the police but they tell me that I should just count my lucky stars that I hit my 4 outer on the river.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was colluded against in a similar fashion on Party Poker today.

Pfrz with 99, I call with 66 as does QTo.

Flop 678, 99 bets, QTo pushes, obviously trying to push me off my hand, I push, 99 calls. Turn 9. River T.

I contacted the police but they tell me that I should just count my lucky stars that I hit my 4 outer on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a hard time seeing collusion in the hand you described. Rather usual partypoker dumbass losing play.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:43 AM

So I sent an email yesterday, with the 2 colluder's names, a CRITICAL hand.

Pokerstars answered me that, they will investigate on this.
But for me there is not any doubt!

My mantra now: Wait And See
Old 09-02-2005, 06:18 PM

Let me paraphrase your story:
I went somewhere, and something bad happened to me, I think. I can't describe who or what did IT to me, and I cannot describe IT because then maybe other people would do IT. I'm not even sure IT was illegal. What are the consequences to the people who did IT to me?
Good Post.
The OP is obviously a poker newbie who would not know collusion if it kicked him in the ass.