Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 02:59 PM

Default last one for today

7 Card Stud High ($0.50/$1), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.25 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (2.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___double bets___raises___calls

5th Street - (14.00 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (17.00 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls

River - (23.00 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

Total pot: (25.00 BB)

two questions.
1) given it's shorthanded, should I have brought in for a full bet with my little pair and try to steal?
2) on 6th, villian is looking flushable, I'm too live with my boat and sf draws to fold, but is it worth raising? Villian is aggressive and could easily be betting his board in hopes of stealing (as I saw him do on a couple prior hands already).
Old 06-09-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: last one for today

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is aggressive and could easily be betting his board in hopes of stealing (as I saw him do on a couple prior hands already).

[/ QUOTE ]

When he bet the board in a prior hand in hopes of stealing, had he been aggressive in prior streets, and was the hand heads-up? On 6th, you're looking at somebody who raised a paired door card in a three-way pot, after getting into a raising war with the paired door-card on 4th. I say he's already got the flush on 6th, and I don't think the 6th street raise would be correct.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:16 PM

When he did it in the past (and since this hand) he stayed pretty passive until his board was scary (3 flush, 3 or 4 straight, pairing the door card or hitting an ace) but he'd show down junk as often as the hand he was fronting. I only saw him bluff with at most 2 opponents.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:29 PM

you are probably behind on 6th since he has to think you have 333 and he raises you. I dont think a raise here makes a lot of sense because if you are behind you are throwing good money after bad, and if you are ahead it looks like he could redraw on you with that board. the raise could also make him to check the river which you dont want if you hit one of your draws to beat him
Old 06-09-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

two questions.
1) given it's shorthanded, should I have brought in for a full bet with my little pair and try to steal?
2) on 6th, villian is looking flushable, I'm too live with my boat and sf draws to fold, but is it worth raising? Villian is aggressive and could easily be betting his board in hopes of stealing (as I saw him do on a couple prior hands already).

[/ QUOTE ]

1. i wouldnt. your hand isnt that strong. it's one of those that you want a lot of players in as you make a two way hand. hopefully any lo with trips, small straight or flush. i think you get more value by getting paid off with a hand than by stealing only the antes. moreover, if you get called, you'd be in big trouble heads up. though the ugly boards could change this if you're in a tight game with decent players.

2. again, i dont think a reraise is in order here. looks like you'll have to beat an AK flush to win. not much else he could have when he raised and reraised you double bet on fourth. your flush draw isnt really working, only your straight flush is. the 6d is dead. Ad gives you the nuts to scoop. 2's, 3's, 4's, and 5's fill you up. that's 11 cards minus whatever dead ones are out out of 35 or so unseen. you also have no fold equity. even if seat 3 has only a four flush, he's going to see the river. a case could be made to raise out seat one and his lo draw which might get you a scoop with a boat or half the pot with a made lo on the river, but he's caught in between and has already called one bet. dont see him folding here. i'd just call and hope for a good river.

respectfully,
temp
Old 06-09-2005, 03:39 PM

yo Temp,

This one is stud hi not hi/lo. But I get the jist of what you're saying. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:46 PM

ah crap, my bad. look, there's sh*t on my face!
Old 06-09-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Hello,DJR I would have played it the...

same way!
SittingBull
Old 06-09-2005, 05:10 PM

I think it's pretty obvious that he has a flush on sixth, given the fourth street action. if he doesn't have a flush draw, you are likely crushed by 777- i don't see him capping with two pair.

so, on sixth, i check it to him and call, hoping to hit a boat and check-raise the river. I'd probably check-call the river even if i didn't boat, if i think he's aggressive and there's any chance he might be bluffing. gotta love opponents that'll cap a flush draw into trips.

what the heck is seat one doing in the hand? gotta love that, too.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:56 PM

I am new to a lot of the strategy, but should you even be in this hand ? You have no protection for your 3's and seat three has a K showing also one of the other players has a 10 showing.