Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Seattle-area folks, FYI

Silver Dollar Trip Report

The Silver Dollar is easy to miss as the neon sign on 167 is small and obscured a bit by some trees. If you're going there, just take the first exit off of 167 South and turn right onto East Valley Road. Follow it North for 1 mile and the Silver Dollar will be on your right.

Service
The first waitress sucked. She hardly ever came by the poker table and was s l o w. Even the dealers bitched about her.

The second waitress kicked butt. She came by the poker room every 5 minutes and was very prompt with your order.

Food
They have a (small) $6 poker menu and will comp you for it if you are in a game.

Dealers
Friendly for the most part. Most were competent with only 2 mistakes: pushed one pot to the wrong person and mucked a guy's winning hand. Both mistakes were caught by the table and corrected.

Jackpots
No bad beat, but Monte Carlo jackpots for everything else with one $1125 jackpot for a royal flush and separate jackpots for each straight flush suit.

The jackpots were all fairly low (only three of them over $70) and they are slow to go up due to the low number of tables.

There is also a hourly high hand payout, minimum $100. It doubles if there are at least two 7 person games going and triples if there are three.

Tourneys
Daily $25 buy-in, $20 rebuy NL tourney.

Games
They have $3/6 games and will start a spread limit $2-6-12 game if there is enough interest. Soft games with lots of people chasing to the river. The only drawback is that in the 4 hours I was there, we had a full table once and two tables of 7 the rest of the time.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:53 AM

I was out there last night...

The high hand bonus is pretty sweet. They had 3 tables going most of the night, so it was up to 300$ An Ace high flush won 200$ and before that, the fish to my right hit quad kings to win 515$ monte carlo + high hand right as he ran out of chips.

I, of course, got trash all night and spent about 10 hours losing all of 6$. I had to scrape and claw for any pots I did manage to drag. I did get a few beers and steak and eggs out of the deal though.

Not a bad place.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:02 PM

I am heading out there if anyone wants to come by. I have shortish dark hair, glasses, greying on the sides. Tall. My name is Greg. My first Seattle poker room, it better be cool or I'm moving back to the snow!
Old 01-10-2005, 12:34 AM

Greg,

I think I was at your table for a while -- but I hadn't seen your post, so I didn't know to look for you. Sorry I didn't say hello. (I was the big guy with the red goatee.)
Old 01-10-2005, 06:13 AM

I was out there tonight as well but didn't see your post until now. I managed to drag the high hand.

I was there from about 7 to 10, mostly at table 2 until it turned into the spread game.

P.S. how many racks did you take off the obliterated guy w/ the Seahawks gear?
Old 01-10-2005, 06:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how many racks did you take off the obliterated guy w/ the Seahawks gear?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this is the same guy (I was there from about 2-5), but a guy in a Hawks jacket hit the royal jackpot when I was there. He left, but may well have come back with his $1200 later on. Maybe he decided to blow some of his winnings ...
Old 01-10-2005, 08:32 AM

Yeah, probably the same guy, he had about a grand in front of him when I sat down and dumped about 700 in under two hours.

His favorite move was to limp-re-raise or limp-cap with garbage.

I took down a large pot with AK-high. This guy was incoherently drunk and just giving chips away.

The table was compensating by playing overly aggressive on top of it, was a good game until he and a few others busted out.

I also hit the 200$ high hand + 68$ monte carlo w/ quad 5s.

Not bad.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:36 PM

Hey guys. I left around 8:00. I suspected who plaster was, since the logo on his jacket matched his avatar, but I didn't say anything because i wasn't sure. I missed Jordan because I was on the main table while he was on the side game.

The guy in the seahawks gear was hitting stuff while i was there, so he was killing us. A game like that is really frustrating. I'm not exaggerating when I say that 25% of the pots were capped preflop with 4+ players for a while. The freakishly agressive guy was literally capping with any 2, i saw him show down 84o (and hit the straight!) in a pot he capped preflop. All I could do was get in with really solid drawing hands and pray, because the pots were so big it didn't make sense not to call down any hand with outs. I mean, $100+ pots at 3/6 were not unusual at this table. Sadly I hit none of them and went through a pile in the five hours I was there, that is not the kind of game I'm most comfortable in. I need to remember that if I get in a game I don't like, there's other places to play. I'm not used to that prospect. I was doing OK before that guy showed up.

The high hand thing is a total draw, I'm definitely checking it out again. Hope to see you guys.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I suspected who plaster was, since the logo on his jacket matched his avatar,

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right -- Expos, baby! (Or maybe I should say Nationals, baby!)

Hope to see you out there again. I'm going to try to play as much as I can while they have this high hand thing going. It was pretty wild again tonight -- I was there for three hours, and one table (not mine) hit quads three times in one hour. Good times, especially with lots of EXTREMELY loose players.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:11 AM

I'll be out there again this week also, I'll look out for you guys and try and say 'hi' if I see you.

I usually wear a Redsox hat, glasses and am wonder bread looking (white and soft).