Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 12:43 PM

Default 10 things that were learned...

10 Things Liberals should learn

10 Things Conservatives should learn

Enjoy
Old 12-06-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: 10 things that were learned...

Great articles. One comment on the Liberal 10

The Constitution is a precious guide, but as a North Star to navigate by, not a MapQuest spitting out precise directions

Whoever wrote this has obviously not used mapquest. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2005, 04:00 PM

Thanks for the links. I liked what I read, but it is very telling that everything he learned from conservatives has a little liberal editorial remark after it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Allow me to add some conservative editorial to the list of things he wishes conservatives would learn:

1. There are more of us than there are of you.

Conservatives, moderates and liberals are not equally distributed 33/33/33. How foolish it is to disregard election outcomes and state bluntly, there are more of "us" (Libs and Moderates) than there are "you" (Conservatives). If more conservatives are being elected, I guess the moderates do not belong in the camp of the liberals.

3. And it's not really your money, by the way

This is stupid. It is my money, if you steal it the police will arrest you and put you in jail. It does not matter whose name is on it. Do liberals REALLY believe that the money belongs to the government and any that they let us keep is just graciousness on their part?

7. We're living in 2005, not 1787.

This is an attempt to justify judicial legislation. Within the constitution itself is the mechanism to keep it up to date. Do not twist it to mean what you feel like it ought to mean or invent rights that were never indended. Amend it to reflect the modern social values of our current culture.

After everything is said and done, these articles are both thought provoking and should be required reading for all posters on this forum.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3. And it's not really your money, by the way

[/ QUOTE ]
This was one of the stupider points. Our labor is what paid for that money to exist and our labor continues to give it value.